- Six consecutive monthly sales records for TCI truck sales
- Nine consecutive monthly sales records for Lexus
TORONTO, July 2, 2015 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 20,689 vehicles in June, an increase of 10.5% versus last year. Divisional sales for Toyota and Scion reported 18,755 units, up 9.1% over 2014, and Lexus with 1,914 units sold, up 25.8% over last year. Sales for the first half of the year reached 104,977 – up 4.3% compared to the first six months of 2014.
It was the best June ever for TCI truck sales – the sixth consecutive monthly sales record established for trucks – with 10,750 units sold, up 19.4% versus 2014. Highlights included a June record for sales of the Canadian-made RAV4 with 3,748 units sold, up 31.9% over 2014, and the Tundra with 1,021 units, up 10.7% over last year.
It was also the ninth consecutive monthly record month for Lexus sales, with 1,914 luxury vehicles sold in June, up 25.8% compared to last year.
Toyota (including Scion) sales highlights for June 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 18,775 (up 9.1%)
- Passenger car sales: 9,169 (up 2.4%)
- Corolla sales: 5,377 (up 15.5%)
- Camry sales: 1,894 (up 29.4%)
- Avalon sales: 84 (up 20%)
- Scion tC sales: 142 (up 11.8%)
- Scion xB sales: 83 (up 20.3%)
- Scion iQ sales: 24 (up 26.3%)
- Truck sales: 9,606 (up 16.4%) :: new June record :: sixth straight monthly record
- RAV4 sales: 3,748 (up 31.9%) :: new June record :: third straight monthly record
- Tundra sales: 1,021 (up 10.7%)
- Sienna sales: 1,711 (up 33.8%)
- Tacoma sales: 925 (up 2.8%)
- 4Runner sales: 497 (up 72%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 1,099 (up 2.7%)
- Prius family sales: 695 (up 10.5%)
- Prius v sales: 265 (up 41.7%)
- Camry Hybrid: 305 (up 13%)
Lexus sales highlights for June 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 1,914 (up 25.8%) :: new June record :: ninth straight monthly record
- Luxury car sales: 770
- IS sales: 328
- ES sales: 240
- CT sales: 93 (up 1.1%)
- RC sales: 56
- Luxury SUV sales: 1,144 (up 52.7%) :: new June record :: sixth straight monthly record
- RX sales: 565
- NX sales: 503
- GX sales: 49
- LX sales: 27
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. June sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles: Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid and celebrated production of its 6 millionth vehicle.
To unsubscribe or update your profile, please send an email to email@example.com.
Toyota Canada Inc. | 1 Toyota Place | Toronto, ON | M1H 1H9 | Canada
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.