- Fifth consecutive monthly sales record for Lexus
- Second consecutive monthly record for TCI truck sales
- Best February ever for TCI hybrid sales, led by February record for Prius family
TORONTO, March 3, 2015 /CNW/ - Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 13,002 vehicles in February, an increase of 18.8% versus last year. It is the second-best February of sales in TCI history, behind 2008.
For the fifth straight month, a new sales record has been established for Lexus luxury vehicles in Canada. 1,138 Lexus luxury cars and SUVs were sold this month, an increase of 16.1% versus last February.
It was also the second straight month of record sales for both Toyota and Lexus trucks. Toyota truck sales of 5,974 were up 15.7% over last year, while Lexus luxury SUV sales of 706 were up 39.5%. TCI's record February total of 6,680 trucks sold was up 17.8% compared to 2014.
A February record for TCI hybrid sales was established, with 1,370 sold, up 103%, including a February best of 1,231 Toyota hybrids sold, up 128.8%. Leading the way was the Prius family, also with a February record, at 936 sold, up 172.9%.
Toyota (including Scion) sales highlights for February 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 11,864 (up 19.1%)
- Passenger car sales: 5,890 (up 22.8%)
- Corolla sales: 2,633 (up 0.1%)
- Camry sales: 1,379 (up 80.7%)
- Yaris sales: 472 (up 20.1%)
- Prius c sales: 539 (up 334.7%) :: new February record :: second straight monthly record
- Prius sales: 164 (up 131%)
- Scion xB sales: 61 (up 35.6%)
- Scion tC sales: 56 (up 12%)
- Scion FR-S sales: 52 (up 4%)
- Truck sales: 5,974 (up 15.7%) :: new February record :: second straight monthly record
- RAV4 sales: 2,289 (up 16.4%)
- Sienna sales: 1,025 (up 94.9%)
- Tundra sales: 690 (up 21.1%)
- Tacoma sales: 564 (up 1.1%)
- 4Runner sales: 298 (up 3.1%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 1,231 (up 128.8%) :: :: new February record
- Prius family sales: 936 (up 172.9%) :: new February record
Lexus sales highlights for February 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 1,138 (up 16.1%) :: new February record :: fifth straight month of record sales
- Luxury car sales: 432
- IS sales: 174
- ES sales: 115 (up 3.6%)
- CT sales: 67
- RC sales: 36
- Luxury SUV sales: 706 (up 39.5%) :: new February record :: second straight month of record sales
- RX sales: 379
- NX sales: 255 (second full month of sales)
- GX sales: 44 (up 7.3%)
- LX sales: 28 (up 75%)
- Luxury hybrid sales: 139 (up 1.5%)
Please <click here> for full Toyota Canada Inc. February sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Celebrating its 50th anniversary in Canada, Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI's head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles: Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid and just celebrated production of its 6 millionth vehicle.
To unsubscribe or update your profile, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Toyota Canada Inc. | 1 Toyota Place | Toronto, ON | M1H 1H9 | Canada
SOURCE Toyota Canada Inc.
For further information: For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca