TORONTO, March 10, 2017 /CNW/ - March Break is just around the corner and, at Toronto Pearson; March 10 is expected to be the busiest day of the season with 130,000 passengers passing through the airport. That's nearly a 9 per cent increase over March Break last year, a year in which Toronto Pearson welcomed an average 121,000 passengers per day.
Together, Toronto Pearson and airport partners will have their full complement of staff on duty throughout the terminals in order to make the passengers' experience as effortless as possible.
Celebrate the break with these travel tips:
Before Arrival at Toronto Pearson
- Give yourself time to travel – two hours before a domestic flight and three hours if you are going to the US or other international destinations.
- Check with airlines or on torontopearson.com for your flight status prior to departing for the airport.
- Receive a discount on our exclusive Terminal 1 Express valet parking offer by using the promo code "GetValet17" when you reserve parking online. Valid for entries between March 9 – 12, 2017. For details, visit: torontopearson.com/parkingreservations
- Learn about baggage restrictions. Ensure liquids and gels in carryon luggage are in containers no larger than 100 millilitres, and be prepared to take out your laptop prior to screening to save time. CATSA, the agency responsible for security screening at Canada's airports, offers information on this via their website and twitter @CATSA_GC
Things to do at Toronto Pearson
- Toronto Pearson, in partnership with CIBC, will offer passengers complimentary coat check starting March 9, 2017. Travellers can store coats at Samsonite stores and near aisle 8 in Terminal 1 as well as near international departures in Terminal 3.
- Coats will be stored for the duration of the passenger's vacation and can be picked up upon return at Samsonite stores.
- The activation team will be offering some extra help for passengers and giveaways from 5 – 10 a.m. on March 9 – 12, 2017.
- Toronto Pearson proudly offers free WiFi sponsored by American Express Canada.
- Visit a little piece of Adventure Bay with the highly interactive PAW Patrol installation in Terminal 1, Gates 55-57. PAW Patrol is a Computer Generated animated, action adventure preschool series starting a pack of heroic pups led by a tech-savvy boy named Ryder.
- Kids eat free at Acer, Apropos, Beerhive, Corso, Fetta, Heirloom Bakery, Marathi, Noble Burger and Vinifera.
Kids eat free with purchase of select entrees, valid March 9 – March 12, 2017. One complimentary Kid's Meal with the purchase of one select entrée. Visit restaurant for complete details.
- Did you forget last minute essentials for travel? Visit our wide variety of airport shops to pick up everything you need, from books to travel medication.
- Kick off a great March Break with a relaxing massage or other spa service. Be Relax Spa, with two locations in Terminal 3, offers special service offers for both kids and students:
- Purchase any service and receive one free massage lounger service for children travelling with you.
Offer valid from March 1 – March 31, 2017 (inclusive). Offer cannot be combined with other promotions.
- Student Deal! Purchase any nail services, get a free Nail design (1 Nail).
Offer valid from March 1 – 31, 2017 (inclusive). Offer cannot be combined with other promotions. Must present student ID.
- Relax before your flight in any of our Plaza Premium lounges and enjoy quality food and a quiet pre-flight oasis to rest and unwind. This March Break, two adults and two children can enjoy two hours in the lounge for just $88.
Any additional child or adult will receive a 30% off discount. Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. Offer valid from March 9 – 19, 2017. Children must be 12 and under. Valid for 2-hour usage.
About Toronto Pearson
Greater Toronto Airports Authority (GTAA) is the operator of Toronto Pearson International Airport. Toronto Pearson is Canada's largest airport and second busiest North American international airport, focused on becoming the best airport in the world; enhancing the passenger experience, safety, security, and supporting the success of our airline partners.
SOURCE Toronto Pearson
For further information: GTAA Media Office, (416) 776-3709