Several easy options are available, including ebilling
TORONTO, July 5, 2016 /CNW/ - Today, Canada Post issued a 72-hour lock-out notice to the Canadian Union of Postal Workers, meaning mail delivery could be affected in the next few days.
In the event of a Canada Post service disruption, Toronto Hydro customers receiving their bill, or making payments through the mail could be affected. Customers are still responsible for keeping their accounts up-to-date.
Right now is the perfect time to sign-up for ebills, as paperless billing offers simple, secure, 24/7 access to bills and the ability to make payments. Aside from ebills, customers can call our Customer Care line at 416-542-8000 (press 2, then 1) to hear their account balance at any time.
And there are several ways to make a payment:
- Sign up for Pre-Authorized Payment to avoid late payment charges. Bills are automatically paid from your bank account
- Pay in person at your bank or using the online or telephone bill payment services offered by most financial institutions
- Pay directly from your bank account online with a Telpay account
- Payment drop-off boxes can be accessed at two Toronto Hydro locations:
o 500 Commissioners Street
o 14 Carlton Street
- Toronto Hydro has approximately 540,000 residential customers that receive their bill through the mail
- Currently, there are about 130,000 residential customers receiving their bills electronically
"We've been proactively reaching out to our customers for several weeks about the possibility of a postal service disruption to make sure they're prepared and know what to do. We realize it will cause some inconveniences, but there are options available to keep accounts up-to-date."
- Tori Gass, Spokesperson, Toronto Hydro
ABOUT TORONTO HYDRO
Toronto Hydro owns and operates an electricity distribution system, which delivers electricity to approximately 757,000 customers located in the city of Toronto. It is the largest municipal electricity distribution company in Canada and distributes approximately 18% of the electricity consumed in the province of Ontario.
Twitter - twitter.com/torontohydro
Facebook - facebook.com/torontohydro
YouTube - youtube.com/torontohydro
Flickr - flickr.com/torontohydro
LinkedIn - Linkedin.com/company/toronto-hydro
SOURCE Toronto Hydro Corporation
Image with caption: "Toronto Hydro telling customers how to prepare for a potential disruption to mail delivery (CNW Group/Toronto Hydro Corporation)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160705_C2524_PHOTO_EN_727740.jpg
For further information: Tori Gass, Communications and Public Relations, 416-903-4037, firstname.lastname@example.org; 24-hours media line: 416-903-6845, email@example.com