THORNHILL, ON, May 3, 2017 /CNW/ - With spring on the horizon and winter in the rearview mirror, CAA South Central Ontario (SCO) looks at some of the service numbers from this past season and encourages members to get their cars ready for spring during national car care month.
This past winter (from December 2016-March 2017) there were six fewer significant winter event days when compared to the year prior and there was a 9.5 per cent increase in car battery installations. Additional winter numbers for CAA SCO include:
Calls for service: approximately 329,000
Number of tows: more than 311,000
Batteries replaced: over 14,000
"Now that winter seems to be over, we can all look towards the warmer months and with that comes spring cleaning and car care," said Kaitlynn Furse, public relations manager, CAA SCO. "Spring is the perfect time to ensure your car is in good working order and to take care of those deeper checks that may not be convenient in the hustle and bustle of day-to-day life."
CAA SCO's spring car care checklist:
- Give your vehicle a thorough cleaning to remove all the salt and sand accumulated over the winter months.
- Change your oil and top up your fluids to help keep your car running trouble free.
- Replace your wiper blades if they are worn or damaged.
- Check all your lights to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Replace hoses and belts that have become cracked or frayed.
- Switch back to your all-season tires when the temperature reaches 7°C consistently and rotate your tires to prevent uneven wear.
- Inspect your vehicle's battery to make sure all the connections are clean and dry. If it is time for a new battery, CAA's Battery Service will test, replace and recycle your old battery from your home, workplace or even the side of the road.
For a thorough vehicle checkup, visit one of CAA's Approved Auto Repair Service facilities.
About CAA South Central Ontario
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, travel, insurance services and member savings for our 2 million members.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario
For further information: Kaitlynn Furse, PR Manager, P: (905) 771-3194, C: (647) 227-7559, E: email@example.com; Sameen Butt, Communications Specialist, P: (905) 771-3457, C: (416) 998-6571, E: firstname.lastname@example.org