Thermador welcomes its centennial along with new appliances that enable ultimate personalization in kitchen design
MISSISSAUGA, ON, April 29, 2016 /CNW/ - Thermador is celebrating 100 years of being at the forefront of kitchen innovation. And, to mark its anniversary, the iconic brand is redefining kitchen design and the home cooking experience yet again with the introduction of the 60-inch Pro Grand® Range, with ultimate design flexibility. The brand is also rounding out its line of Culinary Preservation Centers by introducing two under counter refrigeration options, as well as unveiling a 60-inch Custom Hood Insert to match the power and performance of the new range.
"From introducing the first built-in wall oven and cooktop in 1947, and built-in refrigeration in 1957, to changing the shape of gas cooking with the patented Star® Burner, Thermador has been pushing the boundaries of kitchen design for a century," said Steve Preiner, marketing director, BSH Home Appliances. "It's only fitting that Thermador enters its second century with new appliance innovations that not only deliver ultimate power and performance but continue to set the standard for the fully customizable luxury kitchen."
60" Pro Grand® Range Collection
Available summer 2016, the 60-inch Pro Grand® Range is the first appliances of its kind to offer this much flexibility for culinary enthusiasts to personalize around their unique style of cooking. The range is equipped with six patented Thermador Star® Burners, including four that offer the ExtraLow® simmering feature and a 22,000 BTU Power Burner. Beyond that, culinary enthusiasts can select various combinations such as grille or griddle, and steam or radiant oven, for their preferred style of cooking on the surface and interior of the appliances.
For the interior, cooks may select from:
- An Ultimate Entertainer's Center: a 36-inch Convection Oven alongside a 30-inch Convection Oven – offering 10.6 cubic-feet of usable oven space, the most of any 60-inch professional-style range on the market
- An Ultimate Culinary Center: a Convection Oven alongside a Steam and Convection Oven and Warming Drawer – making this the only 60-inch professional-style range to offer the power of steam cooking
On the surface, the cook may choose to accompany the six Star® Burners with the following:
- A Professional Grill alongside a 12-inch Griddle, providing the ability to grill indoors with genuine smoke flavor without the flare-ups as well as the option to cook on a non-stick griddle
- A 24-inch Dual Zone Griddle, which is unrivaled in its size and cooking superiority, designed for even heating and easy cleaning, featuring a smooth, scratch-resistant surface
Additionally, the innovative venting technology in these ranges reduces back wall temperatures, enabling them to be installed with near-zero clearance, which is unique to Thermador.
60-inch Professional® Series Custom Hood Insert
To accompany the power and performance of the 60-inch Pro Grand® Range, in August 2016 Thermador will also introduce a 60-inch Professional® Series Custom Hood and Insert. The insert will empower culinary enthusiasts to integrate a hood seamlessly into their kitchen design, and quietly and efficiently remove odor and steam from the kitchen. Both hood options feature three fan speeds, easy-to-access controls, bright halogen spotlights and a Powerfully Quiet® ventilation system are just some of the features that make this an ideal ventilation solution in a kitchen designed for ultimate cooking.
Under Counter Refrigeration
As culinary enthusiasts continue to desire an array of appliances that enable personalization, Thermador is introducing new additions to its built-in, fully customizable Freedom® Collection Culinary Preservation line: the Wine Reserve Refrigerator and Double Drawer Refrigerator. They are an ideal complement to Thermador refrigeration columns, offering more ways to create a custom culinary preservation configuration.
- The Thermador Wine Reserve Refrigerator is an under counter solution for culinary enthusiasts. It can be installed fully flush for seamless integration into any room. The unit offers a range of features, including: six shelves crafted from Wenge wood to match the look of the Freedom® Collection Wine Preservation columns; dual temperature zones that provide the ability to chill red and white wine at different temperatures; UV-tempered glass doors; and vibration control around the compressor to avoid the disturbance of sediment.
- The Thermador Double Drawer Refrigerator is a cooling appliance that can be used in a variety of ways with just the press of a button: Refrigeration Mode to preserve fresh ingredients, Pantry Mode to store items like bread and flour at a warmer temperature, and Bar Mode to chill beverages at colder temperatures. Providing further flexibility, the Double Drawer Refrigerator offers removable dividers that can separate each drawer into different storage compartments, and in the top drawer the dividers can be placed on a ledge within the unit to create a shelf to easily stack items inside.
For more information about the new Thermador appliances and details on how Thermador is celebrating its centennial, visit Thermador.ca. To learn more about the brand's 100-year heritage of innovation, visit the Thermador Timeline.
In 2016, Thermador celebrates 100 years of introducing innovation that drives performance and design. The iconic line of cooking, dishwasher, refrigeration and ventilation products remains committed to empowering culinary enthusiasts to be their best through continuous innovation breakthroughs – from the world's first wall ovens and gas cooktops with the patented Star® Burner to the Freedom® Induction Cooktop, the first full-surface induction appliance, and the Freedom® Collection, the first modular built-in fresh food, freezer and wine preservation columns.
Thermador is part of BSH Home Appliances Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Robert Bosch GmbH, the largest manufacturer of home appliances in Europe and the second largest appliance mfr in the sector worldwide. BSH manufactures its products at around 40 factories and is represented by over 80 companies in approximately 50 countries. For more information, visit Thermador.ca or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn at: facebook.com/ThermadorCanada/, @LuxeAppliance, @Thermador, @ThermadorHome and linkedin.com/company/thermador respectively.
For further information: visit Thermador.ca or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn at: facebook.com/ThermadorCanada/, @LuxeAppliance, @Thermador, @ThermadorHome and linkedin.com/company/thermador respectively.