MONTREAL, Oct. 1, 2015 /CNW Telbec/ - La Ronde promises its biggest, scariest Fright Fest® in history this fall with more Halloween-themed attractions including two new haunts and four Haunted Houses. The four-week festival that features family-friendly Thrills by Day and a ghoul-filled Fright by Night begins October 3 and runs weekends through Nov. 1 and includes admission to some of the world's best and most terrifying thrill rides.
Scare Zones and Haunted Houses
At 5 pm, the festival transitions to Fright by Night as 100 creatures are released into the park. An array of Demons, Vampires and Chainsaw Guys mingle among mortals throughout the park. Guests can also venture through four Haunted Houses, each with their own unique theme designed to make them scream.
- District 510 – In The Dark – New for 2015: The district was attacked by guinea pigs and the experience has clearly gone wrong. Power was consumed, visitors who venture within the walls of what remains of the famous District 510 will live an experience in total darkness with, for sole guide, a small flashlight manipulated by the bravest of them to take the lead. Inside, they will cross dark creatures, distorted and thirsty for human flesh.
- The Dolls' House: Your favorite childhood toys come to life to wander around the halls of this creepy doll house. You'll have to maneuver through the rooms of the nightmarish doll house full of hybrids- a mixture of humans and toys. You'll be stalked around every twisting corner by possessed dolls, demonic playthings, and freaky living toys.
- Massacre Museum: This abandoned building is a testimony of the worst atrocities known to date. Malevolent spirits and beings come together for the sole purpose of tormenting visitors.
- Death Row: In this high security prison, one never knows who puts down the law: the guards or the prisoners. Escaping might just be your only way out…
New scares for 2015!
Over the next few weeks, La Ronde becomes a real "scream park," courtesy of these frighteningly fun attractions:
- Zombie Trail: A makeshift camp, a dozen survivors who did not escape the epidemic… in this hostile environment. Don't believe for a minute that you're in a safe place!
- The Taxidermist: When you'll walk through Fright Fest, you'll get to know our fresh new taxidermist, whose hobby is to stuff… humans. He knows everything about the human body, from bones to hair, through the different muscle layers; he's passionate, a scholar.
Fright Fest at La Ronde also offers a number of attractions for young ghouls and goblins.
- New in 2015: Enchanted Labyrinth is a walkthrough path with three different themes. Kids will enjoy a more rural section with farm and animal decors, a castle with a princess and a dragon. Finally, they will find themselves in a western environment with haystacks and wooden fences.
- Toddlers will be entertained by Ribambelle and friends during an all-new amusing medley and a funny play.
- Our giant spider is watching over her nest and numerous offsprings in her Spider's Nest. Kids will try to go through her nest without touching her elaborately woven webs.
- Two witches will roam in the park constantly wondering who is the ugliest as well as new freaky monsters: Werewolf and Swamp Monster.
La Ronde will be open every weekend through November 1, including Thanksgiving Monday, October 12, on Fridays October 23 and 30 and on Halloween, October 31. Opening hours vary during this period. Visit laronde.com for a complete schedule.
To gain entry to the haunted houses, be sure to get a wristband, which gives you same-day access to all four haunted houses, or tickets for individual entrees. Additional charges apply.
Guests 12 years of age and older are not permitted to attend the event in costume.
Fright Fest at La Ronde, every weekend from October 3 to November 1, including Thanksgiving Monday and Friday October 23 and 30.
About La Ronde and Six Flags: La Ronde is the property of Six Flags Entertainment Corporation, the world's largest regional theme park company with $1.2 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 54 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com
Photos available upon request.
English version available upon request
SOURCE La Ronde
Image with caption: "Fright Fest (CNW Group/La Ronde)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20151001_C8461_PHOTO_EN_510974.jpg
Video with caption: "Video: Fright Fest". Video available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVt1otzS_-s
For further information: Jules Hébert, Communications Manager, La Ronde, 514-397-2001, ext. 2703, firstname.lastname@example.org