MONTREAL, Oct. 24 /CNW Telbec/ - Upon the arrival of Madame Louise Harel, at the beginning of June 2009, Vision Montréal has adopted strict rules concerning financing:
- Vision Montréal does not accept any anonymous contribution.
Contributions must be identified, and receipts are issued for all of
them, whatever the amount involved.
- Vision Montréal verifies that contributions are made on a personal
basis, by individuals qualified as voters in Montréal, in accordance to
the legislative dispositions regulating the financing of municipal
- Vision Montréal does not accept:
- Cheques from individuals with unknown personal coordinates;
- Cheques issued by companies;
- Cheques from individuals who are not qualified as voters in Montréal.
- Vision Montréal has been the first municipal party to publish on the
web, at www.visionmtl.com, the names of its contributors and the amount
of their contributions. Vision Montréal's contributors are informed of
- Vision Montréal believes in popular financing, and offers the
possibility to contribute online, at www.visionmtl.com.
Upon taking up her functions on August 3rd, 2009, Vision Montréal's Director of Financing, Ms. Sylvie Bourassa, has been informed of these rules and has undertaken to respect them. The same applies to Vision Montréal's candidates, to campaign directors in each borough, to delegates of the party's official agent, Me Martin Janson, as well as to Vision Montréal's administrative staff.
Vision Montréal takes all means at its disposal to ensure the rigorous administration of the financial contributions it receives, in accordance with the rules regulating the financing of municipal political parties.
Payé et autorisé par Me Martin Janson, agent officiel
SOURCE Vision Montréal
For further information: For further information: Marie-Hélène d'Entremont, Équipe Harel - Vision Montréal, (514) 861-4455, Cell.: (514) 792-2334