Retail Council of Canada's totally re-designed and re-considered Retail Marketing Conference on Tuesday April 4th, 2017 at the International Centre in Mississauga, will explore the latest (and most surprising!) trends in retail marketing today.
TORONTO, Feb. 27, 2017 /CNW/ - This year's intense day-long conference is designed by retail marketers specifically to give retail marketers an overview on the most recent developments in three key areas: Mobile and e-Commerce, Direct Marketing Strategy and Social & Visual Media.
The impressive lineup of speakers for Retail Council of Canada's Retail Marketing Conference includes some of Canada's leading retail innovators and brands:
- Scott Adel, Head of OMNIchanel at Frank & Oak,
- Heather Loosemore, Senior Director, Marketing Communications at Walmart Canada,
- Julia Sousa, Director, Integrated Marketing, Wines, Vintages and CSR, LCBO,
- Jeff Tate, Vice President, Marketing at Henry's,
- Jen Lee Koss co-founder BRIKA ,
- Frederick Lecoq VP, Marketing & eCommerce at Golf Town,
- George Curtis, Director of Direct/Database Marketing at Macy's
- and many more.
The full listing of speakers is available at www.rccretailmarketing.ca
Session topics have been developed to help conference participants quickly learn how to adapt to market shifts and refocus their marketing tactics for success.
- Diane J. Brisebois, President and CEO, Retail Council of Canada will open the conference with Frank and Oak's Scott Adel and explore the evolution of personalization in the new retail reality - now a blended customer adventure that stretches between a store's digital presence and its physical experience.
- Jennifer Stein, Vice President, Integrated Communications at APEX Public Relations will lead a fascinating discussion with Heather Loosemore from Walmart and Julia Sousa from LCBO on what digital and social media presence means for more traditional marketing tools and channels. They will use examples from award-winning Walmart (Walmart Fresh) and LCBO (Taste Local, Love Local) campaigns.
One of the most intriguing highlights of the conference is sure to be around the future of the retail flyer.
- Flyer experts and marketing leaders will debate how the retail flyer will find its role in integrated campaigns, tip the audience on the latest flyer innovations and speculate on how Millennials will need to be engaged to ensure the flyer maintains its powerful relevance.
- On the panel are: Frederick Lecoq, Vice President, Marketing & e-Commerce, Golf Town, Chris Bryson, Founder and CEO, Unata Inc, William George, Vice President, Marketing, McKesson Canada, Tobiasz Dankiewicz, Co-Founder, reebee, Jeff Tate, Vice President, Marketing, Henry's and Mark Zwicker, Senior Vice President, Enterprise Business Development St Joseph Communications.
To add further authenticity and substantiation to what retail marketers need to do to connect with Millennials, a group of 5 exceptionally accomplished Millennial retailers will take the stage to speak about what the best brands have done to connect with them. Hear from Fatima Zaidi, Vice President, Business Development, 88 Creative, Katherine Andrikopoulos, Digital Performance Media Manager, Cossette, Richard Wong, Vice President, Marketing , #paid, Marlon Rodrigues, Head of Marketing , Demac Media, Sarah Bugeja Manager, Demand Generation, Loblaw Digital.
"For this year's event, we were very fortunate to work with an advisory council made up of both retailers and retail marketing solution providers. This group determined it was time to provide a re-freshed direction for Retail Council of Canada's Retail Marketing Conference. Our advisory council provided some fantastic insights into many of the challenges and opportunities that retail marketing professionals are facing today" said Kyle Tomlin, Senior Director, Events & Education Services, Retail Council of Canada.
This year's Retail Council of Canada's Retail Marketing Conference is fully re-branded and re-vamped to reflect the changes in the retail marketing landscape and offers delegates cutting-edge content. It also has listened to delegate feedback to find truly innovative ways for participants to quickly meet each other through several breakout sessions and dynamic speed networking discussions.
The production of previous marketing conference was led by Retail Advertising & Marketing Canada (RAC).
About Retail Council of Canada:
Retail is Canada's largest employer with 2.2 million Canadians working in our industry. The sector annually generates payroll of $60 billion and approximately $350 billion in sales (excluding vehicles and gasoline). As of 2016 Retail Council of Canada (RCC) members' represent more than two thirds of retail sales in the country. RCC is a not-for-profit industry-funded association and represents small, medium and large retail business in every community across the country. As the Voice of Canadian retailers we proudly represent more than 45,000 storefronts in all retail formats, including department, grocery, specialty, discount, independent retailers and online merchants.
SOURCE Retail Council of Canada
For further information: Branka Stavric, email@example.com | 416.467.3772, Senior Director, Marketing and Communications, Retail Council of Canada, www.RetailCouncil.org