RCMP entrance exam in Sarnia
SARNIA, March 2, 2015 /CNW/ - The RCMP is hiring! We are looking for individuals who want to make a difference in communities throughout the country. A career with the RCMP is full of opportunity for continued learning and growth.
RCMP officers play an important role in ensuring the safety and security of those in the communities they serve. Responsible for enforcing the law and investigating crime, our officers are role models and leaders who provide advice and guidance to people from all walks of life. If you want to make a difference in your community this is a career to consider.
The RCMP is looking for people who are responsible, respectful, professional, compassionate, honest and who have integrity. Once training is successfully completed, a new member will be posted to one of our 750 detachments across the country.
To apply to be a police officer with the RCMP you have to register and complete the RCMP Entrance Exam. Are you are ready to take the next step in the application process?
The RCMP will be holding an entrance exam in Sarnia on:
Date: Friday, March 6 at 4:30 p.m.
Location: Lambton College, 1457 London Road, Sarnia, ON
Room: Business & Industrial Centre, Room N105A
To apply as a police officer of the RCMP you must:
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Be 19 years of age at the time of engagement
- Be proficient in English and/or French
- Possess a valid, unrestricted driver's license
- Possess a Canadian secondary school (high school) diploma or equivalent
- Meet the health and psychological standards
- Meet the vision standards
- Meet the hearing standards
- Have access to a dentist
- Meet the necessary level of physical abilities
- Be prepared to carry a firearm and to use it or any other necessary physical force
- Be willing to spend six (6) months at the RCMP Academy (Depot) in Regina, Saskatchewan
- Be willing to relocate anywhere within Canada
- Be willing to work shift work including weekends and holidays
- Be free and clear of any illegal activity or infractions and have no criminal charges pending
- Be free of any improper use of prescription or illegal drugs
- Be aware of expectations with regards to tattoos and piercings
For more information on a career with the RCMP and basic requirements, visit our website at www.rcmpcareers.ca or contact your local recruiting office.
Website: RCMP in Ontario Site Web: GRC en Ontario
Twitter: @RCMPONT Twitter: @GRCONT
Facebook: RCMP.Ontario Facebook: GRC.Ontario
YouTube: RCMPGRCPOLICE YouTube: RCMPGRCPOLICE
SOURCE Royal Canadian Mounted Police
For further information: Media contact: Cst. Valérie Paradis, RCMP Pro-Active Recruiting Unit - Ontario, 905-693-5065 (cell), Links: www.RCMPcareers.ca, www.carrieresGRC.ca,