TORONTO, April 21, 2017 /CNW/ - The Printing House Limited™ (TPH®) is delighted to join the list of respected organizations that have been recognized as one of Canada's Greenest Employers of 2017.
Now entering its 10th year, the award, presented by Mediacorp Canada Inc., is given to employers that lead the nation in creating a culture of environmental awareness. TPH® has developed exceptional earth-friendly initiatives, which have attracted like-minded customers to use our services sustainably and employees to join our organization because of our environmental leadership.
Since 1961, TPH® has believed that doing the right thing is good for business. "TPH® is grateful to have achieved this recognition. For us doing the 'right things' means incorporating social responsibility and sustainability into our operations and decision-making," said Jamie O'Born, President of TPH®. "We plan on keeping the momentum going and we will continue to pursue improvements, better understand our own footprint and give customers increased choice in sustainable, environmentally-friendly options."
Some of TPH®'s Green Initiatives include:
- TPH® was recognized as the most sustainable and forest friendly printer in Canada by Canopy in 2016 (#2 in North America).
- TPH® has been working with environmental not-for-profit Canopy on the implementation of our Paper Procurement Policy, specifically to ensure that we are not sourcing from ancient and endangered forest hotspots.
- In 2016, 93.7% of the paper purchased by TPH® was Chain of Custody (CoC) certified, with 91.5% of the paper used being FSC®-certified.
- TPH® has three forest-based certifications, including: Forest Stewardship Council® (FSC®) CoC certification by Rainforest Alliance (FSC-C019596) , Sustainable Forestry Initiative® (SFI®) CoC certified (SFI-00537), and Program for the Endorsement of Forest (PEFC®) CoC certified (PEFC/26-31-15).
- TPH® Head Office participates in a Corporate Hive Hosting partnership with Toronto Bee Rescue. Our Head Office is home to six honeybee hives, turning our roof into a hub for local pollination.
- Since 2015, TPH® has partnered with WWF-Canada as part of an initiative to become an active member in conserving our planet's natural environment, sponsoring and actively participating in events like the WWF's CN Tower Climb for Nature and the Kids' Run for Nature.
- TPH® partnered with Forest Farmer™ to help offset our environmental footprint and to help restore Canadian forests by planting a tree for each new Corporate Account opened.
Read TPH®'s second annual 2017 Sustainability Report to learn more about TPH®'s sustainability efforts, or visit www.tph.ca/environmental.
View the full list of 2017 Canada's Greenest Employers at http://www.canadastop100.com/green.
About The Printing House Limited™ (TPH®)
The Printing House Limited™ (TPH®) has been a recognized leader and innovator in the printing industry for 56 years. Specializing in short run, on demand printing, with over 70 Company-owned locations from coast to coast, we consistently meet and exceed customer expectations for service, quality and speed. For more information, visit www.tph.ca
SOURCE The Printing House Limited
For further information: Andrew O'Born, Vice President, Business Development, The Printing House, 416-538-5004 / email@example.com