– Canada's official red carpet special ETALK AT THE OSCARS was watched by 1 million viewers on CTV and CTV Two, with a reach of 3.3 million unique viewers –
– On Twitter, #etalkRedCarpet trends in Canada –
– ETALK provides a full Oscar recap, including an investigation into last night's Best Picture mishap, Moonlight's monumental win, and exclusive interviews with newly minted Oscar-winners, tonight at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO –
– Special Oscar edition of FASHION POLICE airs tonight at 9 p.m. ET on E! –
– Viewers can visit CTV.ca to catch the buzzed-about must-see moments from the night, as well as the full OSCARS broadcast, backstage videos, and more –
To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/2l624di #etalkRedCarpet
TORONTO, Feb. 27, 2017 /CNW/ - THE OSCARS® is the most-watched television broadcast year-to-date in Canada, preliminary data from Numeris confirms, with 5.5 million viewers on CTV. The memorable broadcast is up slightly (+1%) with total viewers versus last year. THE OSCARS delivered a 53% share with one in two English-language Canadians who were watching TV last night tuning into the four-hour broadcast. In all, nearly 13 million unique viewers watched some or all of the live broadcast.
A closer look at Numeris preliminary data for Sunday:
- Viewership for THE OSCARS peaked with 6.7 million viewers at 8:48 p.m. ET as Mahershala Ali (Moonlight) accepted his Oscar for Best Supporting Actor.
- OSCARS OPENING CEREMONY: LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET was up +8% versus last year with total viewers with 2.9 million viewers, ranking as the #2 program of the day with total viewers and in all key demos.
- ETALK AT THE OSCARS delivered a combined 1 million viewers on CTV and CTV Two, with a reach of 3.3 million.
- E!'s signature LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET: THE 2017 ACADEMY AWARDS averaged 216,000 total viewers and RED CARPET RUNDOWN: THE 2017 ACADEMY AWARDS averaged 224,000 viewers, making E! the #1 Canadian Entertainment Specialty Network among total viewers, and in all key adult and female demos during its 5:30-8:30 p.m. timeslot.
- Overall, E!'s COUNTDOWN TO THE RED CARPET, LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET, RED CARPET RUNDOWN: THE 2017 ACADEMY AWARDS and E! AFTER PARTY specials reached over 1.1 million Canadians.
Following live Twitter and Facebook chats with ETALK talent over Oscar weekend that had social media buzzing, #etalkRedCarpet trended across Canada during CTV's red carpet special Sunday night. In addition, @etalkCTV was a Top 5 trending topic amongst Toronto users. It also trended in top markets such as Calgary, Edmonton, Quebec City, and Ottawa.*
Viewers can catch-up on the must-see unforgettable moments, awards and acceptance speeches, the best of host Jimmy Kimmel, behind-the-scenes clips, as well as the full Oscar broadcast, and more at CTV.ca.
Tonight (Feb. 27), the coverage continues in one of ETALK's biggest broadcasts of the year with a special Oscar-edition airing at 7 p.m. ET/PT on CTV and CTV GO, and 7:30 p.m. ET/PT on CTV Two and CTV GO. Bringing viewers a full recap of Hollywood's biggest night including the epic Moonlight Best Picture mishap, the ETALK team – including Ben Mulroney, Danielle Graham, and Lainey Lui – report on location from outside the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles, delivering exclusive behind-the-scenes coverage of the most buzzed-about after parties, backstage moments, and exclusive red carpet highlights not seen during Sunday night's live broadcast.
ETALK's exclusive red carpet interviews include 2017 Oscar winners Mahershala Ali (Moonlight), Casey Affleck (Manchester By The Sea), Viola Davis (Fences), and Barry Jenkins (Moonlight), as well as Denzel Washington (Fences), Mel Gibson (Hacksaw Ridge), Denis Villeneuve (Arrival), Matt Damon (Manchester By The Sea), Scarlett Johansson (Hail, Caesar!), Lin-Manuel Miranda (Moana), and Octavia Spencer (Hidden Figures).
ETALK's L.A. Correspondent Jesse Giddings also brings viewers party highlights from Elton John's annual Academy Awards viewing party, featuring interviews with Elton, David Furnish, Eric McCormack, and more. Plus, Canada's #1 entertainment news show once again takes viewers behind the velvet rope at this year's Governor's Ball and Vanity Fair parties. For more Oscar highlights and celebrity interviews visit etalk.ca/Oscars. ETALK's award season coverage continues with the upcoming Canadian Screen Awards and JUNO Awards.
Also airing tonight (Feb. 27) is a special Oscar edition of E!'s hit series FASHION POLICE (9 p.m. ET on E!), made famous by the iconic and indelible Joan Rivers. Hosts Melissa Rivers, Giuliana Rancic, Brad Goreski, Nene Leakes, and Margaret Cho break down celebrity fashion, and highlight the good, the bad, and the WTF moments from THE 2017 ACADEMY AWARDS.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences – @TheAcademy
Ben Mulroney – @BenMulroney
Danielle Graham – @DanielleGraham
Lainey Lui – @LaineyGossip
Traci Melchor – @stayfabulous
Devon Soltendieck – @DSoltendieck
Liz Trinnear – @liztrinnear
Jesse Giddings – @jessegiddings
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 15 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
– CTV –
Source: Numeris, overnight vs. overnight. Broadcast Year-to-Date (Aug. 29, 2016-Feb. 26, 2017, including preliminary data); E! LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET (Sunday 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.), E! RED CARPET RUNDOWN (Sunday 7:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.)
*Source: Twitter Canada
For further information: Matthew Almeida, CTV Networks, 416.384.2629 or email@example.com; Allie Page, CTV Networks, 416.384.4596 or firstname.lastname@example.org