– Only 21 days until Season 3 of Empire, 23 days until the new season of Transparent, and 47 days until Jane the Virgin returns –
– Catch up before the new fall TV season, only on shomi –
To share this release: http://bit.ly/2bY3Bvq
TORONTO, Sept. 1, 2016 /CNW/ - Don't get us wrong. We love summer, but our favourite time of year is still the fall TV season! Why? Well, pumpkin spice EVERYTHING is in full swing, but also, all of our fave series are returning, and there is always hope that some new shows will be our next obsession. For those of you who've fallen behind (we won't name names...), shomi is here to help. Stream through seasons of some of television's best shows before they return this fall, including Modern Family, The Blacklist, The Last Man on Earth, and New Girl. Then get ready for new seasons of our critically acclaimed series—available in Canada only on shomi—such as Transparent, Empire, and Blunt Talk. Don't fall behind: get streaming!
Only on shomi:
These critically acclaimed, must-see series can't be seen anywhere else in Canada but on shomi. We have new seasons premiering within 24 hours of their U.S. premieres.
- Empire – new season premieres September 22 on shomi
- Transparent – new season premieres September 24 on shomi
- Fresh Off the Boat – new season premieres October 12 on shomi
- Blunt Talk – new season premieres October 14 on shomi
- Jane the Virgin – new season premieres October 18 on shomi
shomi streaming exclusives:
Catch up on past seasons of all of these shows—which you can't stream anywhere else in Canada—before they return this fall. All seasons listed below are available now.
- The Strain – Seasons 1 & 2 (New season premieres August 28 on FX)
- You're the Worst – Seasons 1 & 2 (New season premieres August 31 on FX)
- American Horror Story – Seasons 1-5 (New season premieres September 14 on FX)
- New Girl – Season 5 (New season premieres September 20 on City)
- NCIS – Seasons 1-12 (New season premieres September 20 on Global)
- NCIS: New Orleans – Season 1 (New season premieres September 20 on Global)
- Survivor – Seasons 16, 24 & 29 (New season premieres September 21 on Global)
- Modern Family – Seasons 1-7 (New season premieres September 21 on City)
- Chicago P.D. – Seasons 1 & 2 (New season premieres September 21 on Global)
- The Blacklist – Seasons 1 & 2 (New season premieres September 22 on Global)
- Bob's Burgers – Seasons 1-5 (New season premieres September 25 on Global)
- The Last Man on Earth – Seasons 1 & 2 (New season premieres September 25 on Global)
- NCIS: Los Angeles – Seasons 1-6 (New season premieres October 2 on Global)
- Madam Secretary – Season 1 (New season premieres October 2 on Global)
- Elementary – Seasons 1-3 (New season premieres October 2 on Global)
- 2 Broke Girls – Seasons 1-4 (New season premieres October 10 on City)
- Chicago Fire – Seasons 1-3 (New season premieres October 10 on Global)
With so much TV to stream, it's hard to imagine you'd even have time for movies, but shomi has you covered there, too. New films premiering on shomi this fall include Kung Fu Panda, Shrek, Shrek 2, Shrek the Third, Gran Torino, American Beauty, Warm Bodies, The Abyss, Machete Kills, and much, much more.
Members will also discover hand-picked shomi Collections, kids' shows and family favourites to enjoy together. Canadians can visit shomi.com to learn more about the streaming service, to subscribe and to start their 30-day trial.
shomi is available to all Canadians! Entertainment lovers can enjoy shomi online, on select tablets, mobile devices, set-top boxes (on Rogers Channel 300 or through the Shaw On Demand menu), Xbox 360, Apple TV, Chromecast, PS4, and now on Xbox One.
shomi is the Canadian streaming service that brings premier TV and movies direct to your screen. With new content added weekly, there is something for every entertainment lover – hit TV shows available only on shomi, must-see movies, and hand-picked shomi Collections, plus fun kids and family content. Curated by people who love popcorn and magic, shomi combines the passion and knowledge of our entertainment experts with the power of technology to offer recommendations and shomi Collections that help our members always find something good to watch. We are made in Canada. Shomi Partnership is a joint venture owned equally by Rogers Communications and Shaw Communications. Want more information? Visit www.shomi.com or www.shomimedia.com.
Image with caption: "Catch up on some of the best shows of the fall season only on shomi (CNW Group/shomi)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20160901_C2290_PHOTO_EN_764404.jpg
For further information: MEDIA CONTACTS: Julie Macfarlane, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416.764.4060; Owen McCorquodale, email@example.com, 416.764.2725