TORONTO, May 30, 2017 /CNW/ - There's no shortage of repellent products that protect you from the pesky mosquito bites that come with summer, but choosing an effective repellent for your family can sometimes be confusing on the store shelf.
When choosing a bug repellent, you want to look for one that is safe, effective and provides long-lasting protection. Different activities and situations call for different ways to protect yourself. It all starts with understanding and identifying the active ingredient (the stuff that repels bugs). Here are two of the most effective active ingredients to look for when shopping:
- An effective, natural choice: Lemon Eucalyptus Oil
The most widely sold and used: DEET
- Lemon Eucalyptus is a plant-based active that has been proven to be as effective at repelling mosquitos and ticks as DEET based formulas. Popular for its cool, refreshing scent and long-lasting protection.
- A great Lemon Eucalyptus formula is Natrapel® 6hr, providing up to six hours of protection with an active ingredient that's derived from the Oil of Lemon Eucalyptus plant. Natrapel® 6hr comes in a consumer preferred spray formula, in two travel friendly sizes, a 37 ml and 74 ml pump spray.
- For more than 60 years, DEET has been the preferred active ingredient for a long-lasting and effective insect repellent. DEET is considered the insect repellent for the rugged outdoorsman and can provide long-lasting protection for up to eight hours.
- For maximum protection in densely bug-populated areas, a maximum 30 per cent DEET formula, such as Ben's 30 tick & insect repellent, is most effective. Ben's® 30 is made with a unique formula that is 30 per cent DEET and water-based instead of alcohol based, allowing it to evaporate slowly, so repellent stays on longer with little absorption into the skin.
Protect your skin further by wearing a long sleeved loose fitting shirt, long pants and a head net in dense bug areas. Make sure your clothing is loose since mosquitos can bite through tight clothing.
Summer fun can be hindered by itchy bug bites, so do your research and choose the best bug repellent for you and your family to ensure you are protected this summer and can get the maximum enjoyment from your time outside.
SOURCE Tender Corp
For further information: Dalia Kimmel, firstname.lastname@example.org, 613-883-9125