THORNHILL, ON, March 4, 2015 /CNW/ - Whether you are off to a week-long cruise in the Caribbean, a family fun getaway in Florida or a ski trip in British Columbia, CAA South Central Ontario (CAA SCO) is reminding vacationers that March Break is one of the busiest travel times of the year as hundreds of thousands of travellers escape the winter blues and bitter cold.
"Remember to check the status of your flight before heading to the airport, leave early and be prepared for long lines at the check-in counters," said Silvana Aceto, Media Relations Consultant, CAA SCO.
CAA SCO air travel tips:
- For checked and carry-on bags, be sure to check with your airline on bag size, with restrictions and fees.
- Keep medication, valuables and essentials in your carry-on. Pack a change of clothes in your carry-on in case your checked bag is lost or delayed.
- If you're packing more than one checked bag, split clothes between suitcases so if one is lost you will still have some of your clothes.
- Choose a suitcase that you can manage and has wheels for easy handling in airports.
- Check-in online 24 hours prior to your departure to help ensure an easier check-in at the airport.
- Arrive at the airport at least two hours before domestic flights and three hours before international flights.
- Stow your carry-on luggage in an overhead bin in front of your seat. You can keep an eye on it and it makes boarding and deplaning much easier.
- To avoid jet lag, stay hydrated and avoid alcohol, caffeinated beverages and salty foods.
- Dress comfortably and bring a sweater or jacket to keep warm on your flight.
- Bring magazines, books, tablets and earphones to keep occupied during the flight.
For all your travel gear, including luggage, locks, tags and neck pillows, visit a CAA Travel Store near you.
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, automotive care, travel products, insurance services and member savings for more than 1.9 million members.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario
For further information: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Consultant, CAA SCO, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930 or Jeff LeMoine, Communications Consultant, CAA SCO, email@example.com, Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641.