OTTAWA, Feb. 15, 2017 /CNW/ - Tech-Access Canada, the national network of Canada's 30 Technology Access Centres (TACs), is pleased to announce its Advisory Board members for 2017. The nine-member Advisory Board is made up of representatives from the member Technology Access Centres, and is responsible for setting and adjusting the strategic objectives for Tech-Access Canada.
David Berthiaume, Executive Director of OLEOTEK, was elected Chair, and Dr. Nathalie Méthot, Manager, Office of Applied Research and Innovation, La Cité was elected Vice-Chair of the Advisory Board.
"I want to deeply thank Dr. Robert Luke for his leadership and prominent role in setting up Tech-Access Canada and acting as the first Chair of our network. It was a real honor and pleasure to collaborate with him on making this vision a reality!", said Mr. Berthiaume, Tech-Access Canada's Chair.
Technology Access Centres are specialized applied R&D centres affiliated with Canadian colleges or Cégeps. Demand-driven TACs help Canadian businesses – especially SMEs – advance their products, processes and services by:
- conducting applied research and development projects focused on company problems
- offering specialized technical services and objective advice
- providing training related to new types of equipment and processes
Tech-Access Canada is the national network of Canada's Technology Access Centres (TACs). The network enables the TACs to serve any company, anywhere in Canada, and help them access the expertise, equipment, and facilities they need to solve their innovation challenges. The network's members provide clients and partners from across Canada with access to:
- expertise and experience of over 1,000 business innovation and applied R&D experts;
- over 2.4 million square feet of innovation and applied research space; and
- over $250 million worth of highly-specialized equipment and facilities.
"I am very excited to be part of this talented and dynamic group of people and to witness the development of Technology Access Centers in Colleges all over Canada" said Dr. Méthot, Tech-Access Canada's Vice-Chair.
Members of the 2017 Tech-Access Canada Advisory Board are:
- David Berthiaume, Executive Director, OLEOTEK, Thetford Mines, QC [Chair]
- Nathalie Méthot, Manager, Office of Applied Research and Innovation, La Cité, Ottawa, ON [Vice- Chair]
- Tammy Wall - Operations Manager, Canada's Smartest Kitchen, Charlottetown, PEI
- Nancy Déziel, - Executive Director, CNETE, Shawinigan, QC
- Dawn Davidson - Associate Vice President (Acting), Research and Innovation, George Brown College, Toronto, ON
- Marc Nantel - Associate Vice-President, Research & Innovation, Niagara College, Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON
- Ray Hoemsen - Executive Director, Research Partnerships & Innovation, Red River College, Winnipeg, MB
- Robert Franz - Director, Centre for Sensors and System Integration, Northern Alberta Institute of Technology, Edmonton, AB
- Jamie VanDenbossche - Manager, Camosun Innovates, Camosun College, Victoria, BC
- Christine Trauttmansdorff - Vice President, Government Relations and Canadian Partnerships, Colleges and Institutes Canada, Ottawa, ON [Observer]
- Jack Deyirmendjian - Deputy Director, Colleges and Community Innovation Program, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, Ottawa, ON [Observer]
"These individuals represent an Advisory Board with a tremendous skill set, bringing over a century of demonstrated and relevant college applied research and industry experience to the table. We believe their combined knowledge and acumen will further support Tech-Access Canada's strategic objectives, and advance the success of Technology Access Centres across Canada" said Ken Doyle, Executive Director of Tech-Access Canada.
Tech-Access Canada is the formal, national network of Canada's 30 TACs. Based in Ottawa, Tech-Access Canada facilitates the sharing of best practices between member TACs; works to harmonize service models across regions; and promotes college applied research to external audiences.
SOURCE Tech-Access Canada
For further information: Marie-Josée Lavoie, Director, External Relations, Tech-Access Canada, Phone: 613.746.6626, Email: email@example.com, Twitter: @TechAccessCDA, 1 Rideau St., Suite 701 | Ottawa, Ontario | K1N 8S7, www.tech-access.ca