TORONTO, March 22, 2016 /CNW/ - A network of tax experts and an economist from Grant Thornton LLP are available from coast-to-coast to provide insight on the federal budget's impact on Canadian businesses, economy and families.
These tax experts bring a depth of knowledge and can speak to highlights of the federal budget, including key questions and topics that are top of mind for Canadians, such as:
What running a $18.4B deficit will mean for Canadian families and businesses
- What Canadian businesses can do to help stabilize the economy
- How to effectively manage the projected deficit to avoid an adverse impact on the economy
How Canadians can protect their investments and prepare for retirement
- Who benefits from the TFSA contribution reduction
- How will the possible changes to the Canada Pension Plan affect Canadians
How the government's renewed investment in innovation is a long-term solution for Canada's economy
- Why Canada needs to drive innovation through the commercialization of R&D and new technologies
- What measures the government can adopt to foster a more innovative environment, including putting into place new tax and grant incentives
- How investment in innovation can help offset revenue shortfalls from declining oil prices
What risks are associated with increasing the corporate tax rate to cover a shortfall in government revenues
- How Canada's current corporate tax rates compare to other countries
- What the government can do to stimulate growth among privately-held businesses
What negative impacts could result from increasing capital gains taxes to offset economic pressures and lower tax revenues
- Why the Liberal government should drop capital gains taxes in Canada
- What are the implications of increasing capital gains taxes on Canadian businesses and consumers
How expected caps on stock option deductions have the potential to significantly increase 'brain drain'
- What are the anticipated changes to the stock option deduction rules under the new Liberal government
- What it means for Canadian businesses should the Liberal government move forward with stock option caps
Grant Thornton spokespeople will be available for:
- Budget Day Commentary (March 22)
- Tax experts from Grant Thornton will be available across Canada to provide analysis and insight on the newly released federal budget.
- They will be available before, during and after the budget is tabled.
- Post-Budget Day Commentary (March 23 onwards)
- Tax experts from Grant Thornton can provide further commentary and analysis on how the budget will impact Canadian businesses and families.
To set up an interview, please contact: Irene Poon at 416-274-9839 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About Grant Thornton in Canada
Grant Thornton LLP is a leading Canadian accounting and advisory firm providing audit, tax and advisory services to private and public organizations. We help dynamic organizations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, actionable advice through a broad range of services. Together with the Quebec firm Raymond Chabot Grant Thornton LLP, Grant Thornton in Canada has approximately 4,000 people in offices across Canada. Grant Thornton LLP is a Canadian member of Grant Thornton International Ltd, whose member firms operate in over 100 countries worldwide.
SOURCE Grant Thornton LLP
For further information: or to arrange to speak to an expert: Irene Poon, 416-274-9839, email@example.com