Video: The official sign lighting of Sun Life’s new corporate headquarters in Toronto’s south core financial district – now a prominent figure in Toronto’s skyline.
Dynamic working environment supports the company's digital transformation and sustainability leadership
For more media materials please visit:
TORONTO, Sept. 13, 2017 /CNW/ - Sun Life Financial Inc. (TSX: SLF) (NYSE: SLF) today celebrated the official opening of its new corporate headquarters at One York Street in the dynamic south core financial district. The 35-storey, 800,000 square foot office tower, designed to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Platinum certification, provides floor-to-ceiling windows, open workspaces, 200,000 square feet of retail, and connection to Toronto's Union Station and PATH network.
"Our new building is bright and sustainable – inside and out," said Dean Connor, President and Chief Executive Officer, Sun Life Financial. "It aligns with Sun Life's transformation as we leverage the latest in digital innovation, data and analytics to create solutions for our Clients. At the same time, it offers our employees more choice and flexibility in how and where they work – supporting our culture of high performance, inclusion and collaboration."
Clients are at the heart of Sun Life's business, and are the inspiration for the Client Experience floor and the Ignite Studio at One York. With a leading-edge Digital Canvas and spectacular views, here is what employees, Clients and external visitors can expect when they come through the recently unveiled space:
- Home to 2,000+ Canadian based employees, on 17 of 35 floors occupied by Sun Life.
- 400+ collaboration and meeting spaces with a "Client-first" focus, reflecting the Sun Life brand.
- A fully agile work environment, which allows teams, spread across multiple locations to connect and collaborate using technologies that cut across time zones and space.
- Integrated and innovative technology including; a 40-foot Skyline Video Wall reflecting Sun Life's global operations, an interactive Wall to scroll through news, social media, entertainment and more; a People Collage Wall to take photos and display them in real-time; and a Historical Timeline featuring a touch-screen display that allows you to dive into Sun Life's rich history.
- The Ignite Studio – a floor committed to digital and Client innovation and created for agile project delivery, design thinking workshops and innovation activities.
- 100% of workstations use sit/stand desks – reflecting Sun Life's commitment to wellness.
- Sun Life's commitment to environmental stewardship and sustainability including 300 bicycle racks, nine electric vehicle-charging stations, and two large rainwater cisterns, contributing to an anticipated annual savings of over five million litres of potable water.
"Sustainability is part of who we are as a company, reflecting our long-term commitment to employees, Clients and communities," added Connor. "Our investment in One York is one more step along the journey of reducing our environmental impact. Leveraging technology, reducing the amount of energy we use during peak hours, and using less paper are just a few things we're doing to keep sustainability top-of-mind."
Called the Sun Life Financial tower, the eco-friendly property joins the Toronto skyline and is now ready to welcome Clients, advisors and employees at this bright and open business environment.
About Sun Life Financial
Sun Life Financial is a leading international financial services organization providing a diverse range of insurance, wealth and asset management solutions to individuals and corporate Clients. Sun Life Financial has operations in a number of markets worldwide, including Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Japan, Indonesia, India, China, Australia, Singapore, Vietnam, Malaysia and Bermuda. As of June 30, 2017, Sun Life Financial had total assets under management of $944 billion. For more information, please visit www.sunlife.com.
Sun Life Financial Inc. trades on the Toronto (TSX), New York (NYSE) and Philippine (PSE) stock exchanges under the ticker symbol SLF.
Media Relations Contact:
Director, Corporate Communications, Sun Life Financial
SOURCE Sun Life Financial Inc.