VIDEO: P&G ‘Proud Sponsor of Moms’ debuts ‘Strong’ ahead of Rio 2016 Olympic Games
'Proud Sponsor of Moms' debuts 'Strong' ahead of Rio 2016 Olympic Games
TORONTO, April 28, 2016 /CNW/ - With 100 days until the Opening Ceremony of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, Procter & Gamble (NYSE: PG), maker of Tide®, Pampers® and Head & Shoulders® debuted the newest installment of its award-winning "Thank You, Mom" campaign by releasing the new video, "Strong."
The critically acclaimed films from P&G's previous Olympic Games campaigns, 'Pick Them Back Up', 'Kids' and 'Best Job', are among the most viewed Olympic Games videos of all time and "Strong" builds on that tradition of storytelling, with a fresh new take on the pivotal role moms play in their kids' lives.
"Strong" explores the simple human truth that the daily courage moms show echoes at critical times throughout their kids' lives. The film follows the Olympic Games journeys of four moms and their kids, showing the moments, both large and small, when a mother's strength makes all the difference, and building to the moment each child summons their own courage on the world's biggest stage – the Olympic Games. To view "Strong" please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3k6BFX2uw
"It was like I was watching my own story," said Rosie MacLennan, Olympic Gold medalist and two-time Olympian in trampoline. "The strength my mom showed with her countless pep talks and unconditional support has always been my inspiration. P&G always recognizes the role our moms play and that's why I'm so proud to represent both P&G and Tide® at the Olympic Games."
"Strong" was directed by Hollywood director Jeff Nichols, whose work includes the recently released and much talked about film, Midnight Special. "Strong" will appear in full form digitally as a two-minute video or in short form on television in more than thirty countries.
"This campaign began with the insight that behind every athlete is an amazing mom," said Marc Pritchard, P&G Global Brand Officer, "Being the Proud Sponsor of Moms is a natural way for us to look at the Games because P&G brands are part of the journey moms of Olympians, and all moms, take with their kids every day. We see how strong moms are in every facet of their lives, and how their children draw on that strength as they grow. Through our campaign, we invite everyone to join us in saying 'Thank You' to moms for the role they play in raising strong children."
Each year, P&G's Olympic Games campaign is inspired by the research brands like Pantene and Bounty do to create products that work better for moms and families. Now for the first time, P&G brands are revealing some of that research in "The Global Mom Report," offering new insights about what it means to be a mom in today's world. Among the findings in the report:
IT'S NOT JUST WHAT MOMS SAY OR DO, IT'S WHO THEY ARE
- 86% want their children to feel their presence and the impact of their parenting even when they can't be together
- 67% of moms agree it's more important to set a good example for their children than to be involved in every single aspect of day-to-day caring of their children
- After becoming a mom, women said that they appreciated their own mothers more, recognizing her patience (54%), empathy (42%) and emotional strength (41%)
MOTHERHOOD REQUIRES A NEW KIND OF STRENGTH, BUT MOMS ARE RISING TO THE CHALLENGE
- 64% agree motherhood is more complex today than it was in the past
- Nearly all moms (97%) admitted that they did not anticipate the demands of motherhood with the majority agreeing that they needed to develop greater emotional strength once they became a mom
- Those who receive help with day-to-day care for their children (54%) still feel they're successfully leading their family (81%)
As part of P&G's dedication to bringing the best to moms around the world each and every day, P&G brands will partner with Olympians and their moms on their journey to the Rio 2016 Olympic Games across 21 countries around the world including Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, United Kingdom, United States, and host country, Brazil. Some of these athlete and mom partnerships include:
- Andre De Grasse (Double Pan Am Gold Medalist, Double Bronze Medalist at IAAF World Championship) sponsored by Gillette®
- Mark Oldershaw (Olympic Bronze Medalist, Double World Championships Bronze Medalist, Pan Am Games Silver Medalist) sponsored by Pampers®
- Brianne Theisen-Eaton (Double Silver Medalist at IAAF Outdoor World Championships, Gold and Silver Medalist at IAAF Indoor World Championships, Commonwealth Gold Medalist, Pan Am Bronze Medalist) sponsored by Crest®
- Pamela Ware (Triple FINA World Championships Medalist, FINA World Cup Silver Medalist, Commonwealth Games Silver Medalist, Double Pan Am Games Silver Medalist) sponsored by Venus®
- Roseline Filion (Olympic Bronze Medalist, Pan Am Games Gold and Double Silver Medalist, Commonwealth Games Gold and Double Bronze Medalist, FINA World Championships Double Silver and Bronze Medalist, FINA World Cup Silver and Double Bronze Medalist) sponsored by Venus®
- Meaghan Benfeito (Olympic Bronze Medalist, Pan Am Games Gold, Silver and Triple Bronze Medalist; Commonwealth Games Double Gold and Bronze Medalist; FINA World Championship Double Silver and Bronze Medalist, FINA World Cup Silver and Double Bronze Medalist) sponsored by Venus®
- Jennifer Abel (Olympic Bronze Medalist, Pan Am Games Gold and Double Silver Medalist, Commonwealth Games Gold and Triple Silver Medalist, FINA World Championship Double Silver and Double Bronze Medalist, FINA World Cup Double Silver and Double Bronze Medalist) sponsored by Venus®
- Benoit Huot (Five-time Paralympian and nine-time Paralympic Gold Medalist, 32 time World Championship medalist , Para Pan Am Gold medalist) P&G Canada Paralympic Ambassador
In celebration of the strength it takes to compete on the world's biggest stage, these athletes and their families will be hosted at the P&G Family Home in Rio de Janeiro, where they will enjoy a home away from home during the Olympic Games, complete with beauty and grooming treatments from brands like Pantene®, Gillette® and Head & Shoulders and a free laundry service from Tide.
About P&G's Olympic Games Program:
P&G brands are committed to giving moms the best, each and every day. Not just moms of Olympians, but all moms, all around the world. As a Worldwide Olympic Partner, when P&G brands like Tide, Gillette and Pampers partner with athletes on their Olympic Games journey, P&G also recognizes the mom who supported them every step of the way. For the Rio 2016 Olympic Games, 18 P&G brands in more than 35 countries will activate the Company's Olympic Games campaign through TV and digital content, in-store displays, public relations and social media.
P&G serves consumers around the world with one of the strongest portfolios of trusted, quality, leadership brands, including Always®, Ambi Pur®, Ariel®, Bounty®, Charmin®, Crest®, Dawn®, Downy®, Fairy®, Febreze®, Gain®, Gillette®, Head & Shoulders®, Lenor®, Olay®, Oral-B®, Pampers®, Pantene®, SK-II®, Tide®, Vicks®, and Whisper®. The P&G community includes operations in approximately 70 countries worldwide. Please visit http://www.pg.com for the latest news and information about P&G and its brands.
SOURCE Procter & Gamble
Video with caption: "VIDEO: P&G ‘Proud Sponsor of Moms’ debuts ‘Strong’ ahead of Rio 2016 Olympic Games". Video available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQ3k6BFX2uw
For further information: Emily Walker, Citizen Relations, Emily.email@example.com, 416 934 8067; Camille Wodka, Citizen Relations, Camille.firstname.lastname@example.org, 416 306 6112