TORONTO, Dec. 9, 2016 /CNW/ - The family of Dr. Elana Fric has asked the Ontario Medical Association to issue the following statement on their behalf:
The family of Dr. Elana Fric would like to express their deepest gratitude for the outpouring of support and prayers at this difficult time.
We deeply appreciate the support that Elana's children and we as a family have received – it has been a kindness for which we are very thankful.
We would also like to express thanks to the many friends, neighbours and colleagues who have shared their memories of Elana as a wonderful person, mother, and physician. We miss her greatly and these memories mean a great deal to all of us today and every day.
We would further like to thank:
- The police at 32 Division for their hard work, compassion and professionalism,
- The physicians and staff at the Scarborough and Rouge Hospital for their kind words and financial support,
- The entire community at the children's school; teachers, children, parents and staff,
- The Children's Aid Society for their work to help the children as they attempt to cope with the tragic loss of their mother,
- The Ontario Medical Association, including Elana's colleagues in District 11 where she worked, for their support, arranging emergency financial assistance and establishing trusts for Elana's three young children.
Finally we'd like to send thanks to all those who have honoured Elana's memory by donating to:
We continue to ask for privacy as we work through this difficult time and thank you for your continued respect of this request.
SOURCE Ontario Medical Association
For further information: Kari Cuss, Ontario Medical Association