Iconic fall flavours return with new and classic pastries plus new fall-inspired Teavana® Sparkling Green Tea Apple beverage in participating stores
TORONTO, Sept. 8, 2015 /CNW/ - Starbucks today launched one of its biggest fall lineups in its Canadian history, featuring more than a dozen new offerings including the return of the iconic – and now more pumpkin-y – Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL™/mc); the availability of new Starbucks® Single Origin Sumatra Coconut Beverage; and a brand new selection of premium lunch and pastry offerings giving Canadians more delicious reasons to enjoy food at Starbucks.
"We're continuously looking at ways to exceed the expectations of our customers and partners, which is why we're excited to be launching one of our biggest fall seasons ever in Canada," says Richard Burjaw, vice-president Marketing, Starbucks Canada. "Whether it's enhancing our best-selling limited time customer favourite, the PSL™/mc, introducing new sandwiches made with premium ingredients, offering grab-and-go options that can be enjoyed any time of day or giving customers a new way to customize their favourite Starbucks® beverages, there has never been a better time to visit Starbucks."
Big News for the Beloved PSL™/mc
Back for its 12th season, Pumpkin Spice Latte returns this year with that great taste customers know and love, this time made with real pumpkin and without caramel colouring. PSL™/mc is still the perfectly handcrafted signature espresso beverage made with steamed milk, rich and creamy pumpkin sauce, and warm seasonal spices such as cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and clove, finished with a dollop of whipped cream and Starbucks® pumpkin spice topping. PSL™/mc is customizable to meet customers' unique taste preferences and is available hot, iced or as a Frappuccino® blended beverage.
Lunch gets a premium boost at Starbucks this fall
"Since the launch of La Boulangetm/mc food in Canada this year, food sales have grown more than 17 per cent," says Kevin Reid, director marketing, Starbucks Canada. "We continue to make exciting changes to our food menu and respond to customer feedback for new pastry and more savoury options."
Complementing Starbucks® premium all-day breakfast sandwiches, Paninis and bistro boxes this fall, Starbucks unveils:
- New! Chicken Artichoke on Ancient Grain Flatbread: Ancient grains flatbread, spread with signature sun-dried tomato pesto and topped with grilled chicken breast, tender artichoke hearts and provolone cheese.
- New! Turkey Pesto Panini: Sliced turkey and melted provolone cheese with fire-roasted peppers and basil pesto on toasted focaccia roll.
- New! Chicken BLT Salad Sandwich: Grilled chicken, bacon, roasted tomatoes, scallions, lemon-pepper mayonnaise spread and lettuce on harvest wheat bread.
- New! Egg Salad Sandwich: Egg salad mixed with chives, dill relish and arugula on harvest wheat bread
- New! Turkey and Havarti Sandwich: Featuring carved, oven-roasted turkey, dill Havarti cheese, lettuce, and scallion mayonnaise served on harvest wheat bread
- New! Chicken Santa Fe on Ancient Grain Flatbread: The classic Chicken Santa Fe Panini made with juicy slices of chicken breast, sour cream green chili spread, bell peppers and pepper Jack cheese gets enhanced with new ancient grains flatbread.
- New! Limited Time PB&J on Wheat Bistro Box: A classic, wholesome favourite on wheat bread, with natural peanut butter and strawberry preserve paired with mozzarella string cheese, vegetables, ranch dip, apples and milk chocolate-covered raisins. Available for a limited time in participating stores.
Sweet meets Spice
Comforting, spicy fall-inspired beverages pair perfectly with returning favourites and new Starbucks® delicious bakery items, available for a limited time in participating stores.
- Pumpkin Scone: Made with real pumpkin, this scone is bursting with seasonal flavours - pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar and cinnamon topped with sweet icing.
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin: A moist, richly spiced pumpkin muffin filled with sweet cream cheese and a sprinkling of chopped caramelized pepitas (pumpkin seeds).
- New! Pecan Tart: A perfectly sweet balance of crunchy pecans, brown sugar and honey in a butter crust. All the flavours of a traditional pecan pie in a little tart.
- New! Apple Pound Cake: A traditional pound cake with roasted apples that have been tossed with sugar and a hint a cinnamon..
- New! Toffeedoodle Cookie: An all-butter shortbread cookie with crunchy chunks of rich butter toffee and topped with cinnamon sugar.
More ways to customize with Coconut Beverage
Starting today, Canadians can enjoy Starbucks® Single Origin Sumatra Coconut Beverage as a new customization option for an additional $0.70CAD, available in participating Canadian company-operated and licensed store locations. Starbucks® Single Origin Sumatra Coconut Beverage is certified vegan and made with single-origin coconuts from the tropical Indonesian island of Sumatra. With the addition of coconut beverage, customers have numerous options including soy beverage, 2%, skim, whole milk, half-and-half and in some areas reduced-lactose milk.
More ways to #addsparkle
For a sparkling twist on classic fall flavours, Starbucks is introducing for limited time New! Teavana ® Sparkling Green Tea Apple beverage, available in select stores in Toronto and Vancouver. Made with freshly brewed Teavana® Iced Green Tea combined with delicious apple juice, accented with lime, and enhanced by bubbles, Teavana® Sparkling Green Tea Apple is ultimate fall-inspired sparkling refreshment.
For more information, visit Starbucks.com or visit the Starbucks Newsroom at news.starbucks.com. To join the social conversation about Starbucks® Pumpkin Spice Latte using hashtag #PSL and follow @TheRealPSL on Twitter.
Since 1971, Starbucks Coffee Company has been committed to ethically sourcing and roasting high-quality arabica coffee. Today, with more than 22,000 stores around the globe, Starbucks is the premier roaster and retailer of specialty coffee in the world. Through our unwavering commitment to excellence and our guiding principles, we bring the unique Starbucks Experience to life for every customer through every cup. To share in the experience, please visit our stores or online at news.starbucks.com and Starbucks.ca
For more information on this news release, contact us.
SOURCE Starbucks Coffee Canada
Image with caption: "Starbucks(R) Pumpkin Spice Latte (PSL(TM)/mc) (CNW Group/Starbucks Coffee Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150908_C4674_PHOTO_EN_491198.jpg
Image with caption: "Starbucks(R) Pumpkin Scone, Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffin and Apple Pound
Cake (CNW Group/Starbucks Coffee Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150908_C4674_PHOTO_EN_491201.jpg
Image with caption: "Starbucks(R) Pecan Tart (CNW Group/Starbucks Coffee Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150908_C4674_PHOTO_EN_491203.jpg
Image with caption: "New! Limited Time PB&J on Wheat Bistro Box (CNW Group/Starbucks Coffee Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150908_C4674_PHOTO_EN_491205.jpg
Image with caption: "New! Chicken BLT Salad Sandwich (CNW Group/Starbucks Coffee Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150908_C4674_PHOTO_EN_491209.jpg
Image with caption: "New! Turkey Pesto Panini (CNW Group/Starbucks Coffee Canada)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150908_C4674_PHOTO_EN_491207.jpg
For further information: Media Contact: Carly Suppa, Starbucks Canada, email@example.com; Caitie Wallman, Media Profile, Caitie.Wallman@MediaProfile.com