Newly renovated store offers customers extra products and services including access to in-store experts
STELLARTON, NS, Nov. 26, 2015 /CNW/ - Sobeys introduced its new extra banner to customers in Atlantic Canada today with the grand re-opening of the Tantallon, Nova Scotia location. The store underwent significant renovations throughout the past seven months that included upgrades and additions in every department to ensure it met the Sobeys extra designation.
"The opening of Sobeys extra introduces customers in Atlantic Canada to a new type of grocery shopping," remarked Peter Doucette, general manager, Sobeys Atlantic. "This Sobeys extra store is a flagship for our company in the region and offers customers a unique experience they won't find at other retailers."
"The Sobeys extra differentiator is in the unique shopping experience which, in large part, is due to our team of in-store experts," adds Craig MacDonald, store manager. "Customers can come in and speak with Red-Seal certified in-store chefs, our wellbeing counsellor, or cheese ambassador and reap the benefits of their expert knowledge on eating better, feeling better, and doing better."
Sobeys extra offers consumers an enhanced Sobeys shopping experience with extra departments, extra products, extra experts and services and extra savings; all backed by Sobeys 100% Satisfaction Guarantee: any purchase can be returned or replaced if the customer is not happy with it.
What can customers expect at Sobeys extra?
In addition to Sobeys produce, meat, seafood, bakery, floral experts and our Sobeys pharmacists, the store is pleased to introduce the following experts to help guide customers through food discovery and education:
- In-store Chef offers advice, food tastings and classes, to help customers discover new products and great meal solutions.
- Wellbeing Counsellor answers health and diet questions, and helps shoppers discover better food.
- Cheese Ambassador provides expert guidance in selecting from hundreds of available cheeses, along with new entertaining ideas.
- The renovated Community Room, Tantallon Place, is an inviting and well-equipped space for better food and wellbeing events hosted by Sobeys' food and health experts.
Extra Departments and Products
Sobeys extra has expanded its products to ensure an abundance of fresh, quality choices for customers.
- Sobeys' Kitchen: Customers can enjoy fresh ready-to-eat or ready-to-heat prepared meals daily right from Sobeys' Kitchen, including freshly made sushi and noodle dishes, stone oven-baked pizza; hot Sterling Silver prime rib roast beef dinners from the Carvery; and one of seven varieties of delicious signature sandwiches
- Expanded Bakery: Offers Artisan Bread baked in store with pure ingredients, store-made New York style bagels, real cream topped fruit cakes, all-butter pastries, gourmet cakes, and tempered chocolate
- Natural Source and Wellbeing Departments: More than 4,000 products that support health, energy and diet goals including organic, sugar-free options, vitamin supplements and natural healthcare products. Also available are more than 600 gluten-free products.
- Expanded Produce Department: Offers ready-to-eat, store-made cut fruit and salads, pre-cut vegetables, a wide variety of organic and local produce and Signature Sobeys fresh programs like potatoes displayed by usage and tomatoes by sweetness. Consumers can trust that Sobeys is providing the freshest and tastiest ingredients for their next meal, and helping them eat better food.
- Premium Meat and Seafood Departments: Feature expert butchers who will custom cut meat for any occasion. Customers will find a vast selection of value-added meat and seafood preparations that are ready to cook, Certified Humane™ beef, pork and chicken, as well as MSC Certified™ fish products.
- Premium Cheese and Deli Departments: Offer a wide selection of specialty deli meats and cheeses. New samples daily.
- Sobeys helps make the better food basket affordable by price checking over 3,000 items monthly, offering over 3,000 low-price features, providing bonus AIR MILES® on over 1,000 products, and offering more than 4,000 Private Label products.
About Sobeys Inc.
Proudly Canadian, with headquarters in Stellarton, Nova Scotia, Sobeys has been serving the food shopping needs of Canadians for 108 years. A wholly-owned subsidiary of Empire Company Limited (TSX:EMP.A), Sobeys owns or franchises approximately 1,500 stores in all 10 provinces under retail banners that include Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, and Lawton's Drug Stores as well as more than 350 retail fuel locations. Sobeys and its franchise affiliates employ more than 125,000 people. The company's purpose is to help Canadians Eat Better, Feel Better and Do Better. More information on Sobeys Inc. can be found at www.sobeyscorporate.com.
SOURCE Sobeys Atlantic
For further information: Shauna Selig, Director Communications (Acting), Sobeys Atlantic & Ontario, 902-759-0671, firstname.lastname@example.org