WINNIPEG and TORONTO, June 20, 2017 /CNW/ - Just in time for Canada Day, old school poutine culture meets high tech convenience as the legendary Smoke's Poutinerie joins forces with SkipTheDishes. Today, the power of poutine on-demand is in the palm of Canadians' hands via their SkipTheDishes smartphone app. With SkipTheDishes, the world's most advanced ordering and delivery technology, nothing can stand in the way of satisfying Canadian's cravings for the mouth-watering, mind blowing, poutine concoctions Smoke's Poutinerie is serving up as Canada celebrates 150 years! To mark the holiday, SkipTheDishes is offering free delivery for select Smoke's Poutinerie restaurants across Canada until July 2. Look for delivery options at the following locations: Vancouver, Saskatoon, Winnipeg, Waterloo, Hamilton, Port Credit, Barrie, Oshawa, Ajax, and Ottawa, with the remaining locations to roll-out in the coming months.
"Our company vision at Smoke's Poutinerie is to achieve GLOBAL DOMINATION! by providing a unique, 'Canadian Food Experience' that will entertain the world, and SkipTheDishes' delivery technology brings us one step closer," says Ryan Smolkin, founder & CEO (Chief Entertainment Officer), Smoke's Poutinerie. "We have created an entirely new food category based on this iconic Canadian dish. In honour of our partnership with SkipTheDishes and just in time for Canada's 150th birthday, we offer a new poutine masterpiece: The OHHHH CANADA! Poutine – it's topped with peameal bacon, double-smoked bacon, French toast sticks and maple syrup. With free delivery on SkipTheDishes until July 2 – there's no reason not to satisfy your poutine craving."
Canadians and Poutine: Fun Facts
SkipTheDishes delivers over 200,000 servings of poutine a year and knows a thing or two about Canadians and their poutine delivery habits. Here are some SkipTheDishes and Smoke's Poutinerie data highlights:
- Smoke's Poutinerie offers over 30 different variations of poutine, not including off-the-menu combinations, and local store specials!
- Alberta: the province that orders more poutine delivery per capita than any other in Canada; followed by Ontario and Manitoba
- Edmonton: the city that orders the most poutine for delivery, followed by Calgary
- Smoke's Poutinerie was the first quick service restaurant in the world to offer poutine as its main staple!
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.: the time when Canadians order the most poutine; while late night is growing the fastest (9 p.m. – 2 a.m.)
- A poutine a day keeps the doctor away? One Canadian thinks so and ordered 31 poutine in one month!
SkipTheDishes Names Top 5 Poutine at Smoke's Poutinerie
Poutine may be Quebec slang for "hot mess" but that hasn't stopped it from earning a top spot among the greatest Canadian inventions of all time – placing above basketball, the electron microscope, and the Blackberry. Canada's relentless passion for poutine is demonstrated as the dish continues to evolve with creative variations on the classic. Here, SkipTheDishes names the top five most creative poutine available for delivery from Smoke's Poutinerie:
- OHHHH CANADA! Poutine, the newest creation from Smoke's Poutinerie - it's the perfect combination of sweet & savory – the traditional poutine base is loaded with peameal bacon, double-smoked bacon, French toast sticks and Canadian maple syrup #OHHHHCANADA!
- Chicken Bacon Ranch, a traditional poutine amped up to satisfy your after-party cravings with chicken, bacon and ranch sauce! #chickenbaconranch!
- Perogy Poutine, fresh hand-cut fries, squeaky cheese curds and Smoke's signature gravy, topped with potato perogies, sour cream, and a heaping spoonful of double-smoked bacon! #OHYEAH!
- Korean BBQ Poutine, Smoke's travels around the world bring us flat-iron steak, Korean BBQ sauce, and sambal on top of traditional poutine, garnished with fresh green onions. #KoreanBBQ!
- Country-Style Poutine, a fan favourite with grilled chicken, double-smoked bacon, sautéed mushrooms, caramelized onions, and baby green peas loaded on the traditional base of fries, cheese curd & gravy. #CountryStylePoutine!
About Smoke's Poutinerie
Founded in 2009 by creative genius Ryan Smolkin, Smoke's Poutinerie is the World's Largest and Original Poutinerie. Representing 80s Canadiana culture known for the signature lumberjack plaid and glam rock music, Smoke's Poutinerie serves 30 varieties of its famous poutine. With 150-plus locations in Canada, and 50 more open and in development in the United States, the brand is on course for "GLOBAL DOMINATION!"
SkipTheDishes is a Canadian technology company that enables food delivery in 30+ North American cities including Toronto, Ottawa, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Burnaby, Victoria, Surrey, Winnipeg, St. Louis, Omaha, Columbus, Cincinnati, Cleveland, and Buffalo. Through the SkipTheDishes network, restaurants gain more business, independent couriers earn extra money on their own schedule, and hungry customers are able to save time by ordering from hundreds of local Chinese, Thai, Vietnamese, Mexican, and Pizza restaurants that have never offered delivery before. For more information, please visit: SkipTheDishes.com or download the apps on the iOS App Store or Google Play Store.
Click HERE for images and b-roll.
SOURCE Skip The Dishes
For further information: Media Contacts: David Weinstein, 416 553 9454, firstname.lastname@example.org; Tara McCarthy, 416 732 1929, email@example.com