- VOLUME features mix of live daily shows, music news, weekly specialty shows, in-depth documentaries, special performances, music trivia- game show, and more
- Lady Gaga, T.I., Robert Plant, Metallica, David Crosby, Billy Gibbons, Corey Taylor, and Dave Stewart to be featured guests during VOLUME's launch week
- Programs hosted by an all-star cast of music experts, journalists, and musicians
TORONTO, Sept. 29, 2016 /CNW/ - SiriusXM Canada (TSX: XSR), the country's leading audio entertainment company, today announced the launch of VOLUME, the first-ever 24/7 talk radio channel dedicated to music -- its latest news, raging controversies, and non-stop debates – as the focus of the conversation.
This new channel will cover all genres of popular music. VOLUME will deliver a mixture of live daily shows, artist interviews, weekly specials, a music trivia game show, album reviews, and several in-depth docuseries hosted by the most respected, knowledgeable, and passionate people in music today – including artists themselves. VOLUME will debut live October 17 at 7 am.
VOLUME's live daily programs will include Feedback, a three-hour morning talk-show from 7 am -10 am ET/PT featuring the latest music news, celebrity guests and scoop on trending topics. Lady Gaga will be a featured guest on Feedback's debut program. Legendary DJ Eddie Trunk will host middays from 2 pm to 4 pm ET, and Debatable, hosted by MTV VJ Mark Goodman and author Alan Light, will air each weekday from 4 pm to 7 pm ET, and focus on the great debates fans often have about music.
Other featured shows upon launch include Rolling Stone Music Now, the popular weekly podcast from the editors at Rolling Stone that will now also appear on VOLUME. Author, TV producer and commentator Bill Flanagan will host Written in My Soul, a new series of interviews with legendary musicians including Robert Plant, who will be a guest during the show's premiere. In addition, Melissa's Basement hosted by Melissa Etheridge where she gathers her favorite singer-songwriters to share their stories and get together at her Los Angeles-area home for musical collaborations. David Crosby will appear on Melissa's debut show on October 18. And journalist and TV producer Elliott Wilson will host Rap Radar Report, bringing some of the biggest names in hip hop together for discussions about the musical genre.
"VOLUME is sports radio for music fans. It will be a must-listen for fans to stay connected to the music they love," said Roger Coletti, VOLUME's executive producer, and former radio programming veteran at MTV, VH1, and CMT. "It will be the ultimate place for fans to hear stories, share memories, discover new artists, and uncover the truth about their favorite artists, songs, albums and more. The channel is full of passionate, respected, and entertaining personalities that the audience will love, respect, and trust."
VOLUME will be on SiriusXM channel 106 and available through the SiriusXM app as well as online at siriusxm.ca. Music fans will be able to join the discussion on social media via Twitter @SiriusXMVolume and on Facebook at SiriusXM Volume.
VOLUME's programming line-up will include:
- Feedback will be a live daily morning talk-show featuring the latest music news, scoop, what's trending and conversations with guests and audiences. Hosted by nationally syndicated radio personality and former VH1 host Nik Carter, and veteran magazine editor, entertainment journalist and author Lori Majewski, Feedback will air weekdays from 7 am – 10 am ET/PT.
- Trunk Nation, featuring TV host and legendary DJ Eddie Trunk, will host a daily afternoon talk show, from 2 pm to 4 pm ET, from where he shares his stories from his 35-year-career in music, interviews top artists, and brings listeners in on the action. Trunk kicks off his first show with an interview with Metallica's Lars Ulrich.
- Debatable, a daily afternoon show from 4 pm to 7 pm ET, hosted by original MTV VJ and radio personality Mark Goodman, and former Spin and Vibe editor and author Alan Light, will be where hot topics, lists, and news of the day are discussed, debated, dissected and sometimes destroyed.
- Written in My Soul with Bill Flanagan will feature a series of interviews with legendary musicians including Robert Plant and Paul Simon. Flanagan is a TV producer, commentator, and author of the book Written in My Soul, a collection of conversations about songwriting with Chuck Berry, Bob Dylan, Joni Mitchell, Mick Jagger and others.
- Rolling Stone Music Now, hosted by Rolling Stone Executive Editor Nathan Brackett, will bring this podcast to a new level by debuting it live from the SiriusXM studios. Each week, Nathan and his team discuss and analyze the hottest music news, profile up-and-coming acts, interview top artists and invite the audience to get in on the action to discuss new music.
- Rap Radar Report, hosted by journalist and TV producer Elliott Wilson, where he brings together some of the biggest names in hip hop for weekly discussions about the musical genre. T.I. will appear on the premiere episode of Rap Radar Report.
- Melissa's Basement features Grammy Award-winning recording artist Melissa Etheridge teaming up with her favorite singer-songwriters as they share stories and get together for musical collaborations. Melissa's Basement, a one-hour program premiering October 18, will provide listeners a rare and honest view of musicians as they talk about their craft and get together for one-of-a-kind performances of some of their favorite songs. Upcoming guests appearing on Mellissa's Basement will include David Crosby, Pat Benatar, Steve Cropper and more.
- Never Meet Your Heroes with Scott Ian features Anthrax guitarist and heavy metal icon Ian as he chats with his celebrity idols and musical influences about what inspires them. Corey Taylor of Slipknot will be the featured guest on the debut show.
- True Stories with Kurt Loder will feature incredible stories from some of the most fascinating musicians, filmmakers and writers of our time, as told to author, film critic and former MTV News anchor Kurt Loder. Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top will be the debut guest on True Stories.
- The Album Review Show features YouTube star and the internet's busiest music nerd Anthony Fantano as he provides an in-depth discussion of the latest releases from new artists across all genres.
- 70's 80's 90's Now is a new music trivia game show hosted by former MTV and VH1 personality Jim Shearer. This lively, fun-filled trivia show will allow listeners to test their musical IQ while learning some obscure facts.
- The Last of The … is a new series hosted by Ryan Duffy, journalist, producer and entrepreneur, that examines the changing landscape in the world of music and tech. From producers to video directors, these are the folks behind the scenes who bring the music to the forefront. The Last of The…kicks off with guest, producer Steve Albini.
About SiriusXM Canada
Sirius XM Canada Holdings Inc. (TSX: XSR) operates as SiriusXM Canada. SiriusXM Canada, with more than 2.8 million subscribers, is the country's leading audio entertainment company and broadcasts more than 130 satellite radio channels featuring premier sports, news, talk, entertainment and commercial-free music. SiriusXM Canada offers an array of content from the most recognized news, entertainment and major sports brands including the NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, CNN, CBC, FOX, BBC, Howard Stern, Disney, Comedy Central and more.
SiriusXM programming is available on a variety of devices including pre-installed and after-market radios in cars, trucks and boats, smartphones and mobile devices, and consumer electronics products for homes and offices. SiriusXM programming is also available online at www.siriusxm.ca and on Apple and Android-powered mobile devices.
SiriusXM Canada has partnerships with every major automaker and its radio products are available at more than 2,500 retail locations nationwide. To find out more about SiriusXM Canada (TSX: XSR), visit our website at www.siriusxm.ca.
SiriusXM Canada has been designated one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies seven years in a row and is currently a Platinum Club Member, in addition to 2013, 2014 and 2015 rankings in PROFIT 500's list of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies.
Join SiriusXM Canada on Facebook at facebook.com/siriusxmcanada, on Twitter at twitter.com/siriusxmcanada and on Youtube at youtube.com/siriusxmcanada.
SOURCE Sirius XM Canada Holdings Inc.
For further information: SiriusXM Canada contact: Kayla J. Schwartz, Manager, Publicity, Promotion and Sponsorship, 416-408-6033, email@example.com