- The first SiriusXM touchscreen radio designed to integrate into the vehicle without the need to replace the factory-installed radio
- The easy to operate SiriusXM Commander Touch is packed with the latest satellite radio technology and designed to be easy to operate with simple tap and swipe gestures
TORONTO, Jan. 22, 2016 /CNW/ - SiriusXM Canada (TSX: XSR), the country's leading audio entertainment company, today announced the introduction of the new SiriusXM Commander Touch, its latest aftermarket satellite radio that lets listeners enjoy SiriusXM through the in-dash audio system of their vehicles.
"SiriusXM Commander Touch offers drivers the ability to enjoy SiriusXM in their vehicle without replacing the factory-installed radio," said Paul Cunningham, Senior Vice President, Sales and Marketing, SiriusXM Canada. "The new radio gives everyone in the car access to over 130 channels of music and exclusive content while integrating seamlessly into the vehicle."
The easy to operate SiriusXM Commander Touch is designed to deliver the best SiriusXM listening experience to customers, including commercial-free music; plus, premier sports talk and live events; comedy; news; and exclusive talk and entertainment.
The Commander Touch includes everything needed for a professional installation. The compact touchscreen colour display can mount safely just about anywhere in the vehicle for the driver's convenience, and the hideaway tuner can be installed behind the vehicle's dashboard with concealed wiring. For a more custom look, a professional installer can use the included flush mounting kit to integrate into the vehicle's dash.
SiriusXM Commander Touch was selected as a CES Innovation Honoree reflecting its innovative design and engineering and offers listeners an impressive list of features and capabilities, including:
- Compact touchscreen controller is only 4.1"W x 1.7" H x 0.5" D and mounts directly to the vehicle dash. The tuner module hides discreetly behind the dash for a fully-integrated look.
- Enjoy SiriusXM through the vehicle's factory radio via FM or AUX audio input.
- Replay™ allows listeners to pause, rewind and replay up to 60 minutes of live satellite radio, in addition to buffering all 18 of the listener's preset channels with 30 minutes of content.
- Use TuneMix™ to hear a mix of songs from your favourite channels.
- Automatically start songs from the beginning on your favourite channels with TuneStart™.
- Album art and channel logos displayed on the compact colour screen provide listeners with quick information at a glance.
- Innovative Delayed Off mode automatically pauses while drivers make short stops up to 30 minutes, so when they stop and get coffee or refuel their vehicle they will pick up right where they left off.
Commander Touch can easily be updated to add new features and capabilities as they become available. For more information, please visit siriusxm.ca/commandertouch.
In addition, customers who purchase the SiriusXM Commander Touch will get the first three-months free of the SiriusXM All Access subscription that delivers every satellite radio channel available, as well as access to programming beyond the vehicle on smartphones and other connected devices, and at player.siriusxm.ca. For offer details, please visit siriusxm.ca/allaccess3.
SiriusXM Commander Touch gives SiriusXM subscribers everything needed to listen to satellite radio in the vehicle and is available now at shop.siriusxm.ca, as well as independent retailers across Canada.
For more information visit siriusxm.ca.
About SiriusXM Canada
Sirius XM Canada Holdings Inc. (TSX: XSR) operates as SiriusXM Canada. SiriusXM Canada, with more than 2.7 million subscribers, is the country's leading audio entertainment company and broadcasts more than 130 satellite radio channels featuring premier sports, news, talk, entertainment and commercial-free music. SiriusXM Canada offers an array of content from the most recognized news, entertainment and major sports brands including the NHL, NFL, NBA, MLB, NASCAR, CNN, CBC, FOX, BBC, Howard Stern, Disney, Comedy Central and more.
SiriusXM programming is available on a variety of devices including pre-installed and after-market radios in cars, trucks and boats, smartphones and mobile devices, and consumer electronics products for homes and offices. SiriusXM programming is also available online at siriusxm.ca and on Apple and Android-powered mobile devices.
SiriusXM Canada has partnerships with every major automaker and its radio products are available at more than 2,500 retail locations nationwide. To find out more about SiriusXM Canada (TSX: XSR), visit our website at siriusxm.ca.
SiriusXM Canada has been designated one of Canada's 50 Best Managed Companies six years in a row and 2013, 2014 and 2015 rankings in PROFIT 500's list of Canada's Fastest Growing Companies.
Join SiriusXM Canada on Facebook at facebook.com/siriusxmcanada, on Twitter at twitter.com/siriusxmcanada and on Youtube at youtube.com/siriusxmcanada.
SOURCE Sirius XM Canada Holdings Inc.
For further information: SiriusXM Canada contact: Kayla J. Schwartz, Manager, Publicity, Promotion and Sponsorship, 416-408-6033, email@example.com