Owns 17 of the Top 20 Programs Including Fall's #1 New Series Mr. Robot*
Food Network, Showcase and HISTORY Reign as Top Three Entertainment Channels*
TORONTO, Sept. 29, 2015 /CNW/ - This month Shaw Media ushered in powerful new fall schedules across its specialty channels to exceptional acclaim from audiences. With two weeks of confirmed data, Shaw Media dominates the specialty landscape with four of the top 10 specialty entertainment channels, including Food Network Canada, Showcase and HISTORY reigning supreme as the top three entertainment networks and HGTV Canada ranking in the top 10*. Shaw Media has an astounding eight of the top 10 and 17 of the top 20 entertainment programs across specialty, including fall's #1 new series Mr. Robot on Showcase.*
"With our vast collection of powerful specialty brands, we continue to see audiences flocking to our channels for can't-miss programming, whether it's established favourites or captivating new programs," said Christine Shipton, Senior Vice President and Chief Creative Officer, Shaw Media. "With 85% of the most watched programs across specialty, Shaw Media firmly upholds its dominance in the entertainment space."
- HISTORY has kicked off its fall schedule with five of the top 10 shows across specialty with new seasons of mega-hits Pawn Stars and Counting Cars, and the network's new breakout hit Forged in Fire which has been renewed for a second season after finding its spot as the #2 new series this fall*.
- HGTV Canada's new series Tiny House, Big Living immediately made its mark as the #1 program of the night across specialty on its September 6th premiere and currently sits as a top 10 series**.
- The love for the original series Leave it to Bryan is stronger than ever as the series returned on August 31st with its highest season premiere ever ***.
- Food Network Canada's Chef in Your Ear is the #1 new Canadian series this fall*.
- Shaw Media is the only broadcaster to have digital channels in the top 20 this fall, including National Geographic Channel, Crime + Investigation, MovieTime and Lifetime*.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
Twitter: @Showcasedotca, @HistoryTVCanada, @FoodNetworkCA, @hgtvcanada
Facebook: facebook.com/showcasedotca, facebook.com/HistoryTVCanada, facebook.com/foodnetworkcanada, facebook.com/hgtv.ca
About Shaw Communications
Shaw Communications Inc. is a diversified communications and media company. Shaw serves 3.2 million consumers and businesses through a reliable and extensive fibre network. Shaw provides consumers with broadband Internet, WiFi, Digital Phone and Video services. Shaw Business provides businesses with Internet, data, WiFi, telephony, Video and fleet tracking services, and ViaWest provides collocation, cloud and managed services. Shaw Media provides Canadians with engaging programming content through one of Canada's largest conventional television networks, Global Television, and 19 specialty networks, including HGTV Canada, Food Network Canada, HISTORY® and Showcase. Shaw is traded on the Toronto and New York stock exchanges and is included in the S&P/TSX 60 Index (Symbol: TSX – SJR.B, NYSE – SJR). For more information about Shaw, please visit www.shaw.ca.
*Source: Numeris PPM Confirmed Data 8/31/15-9/13/15 A25-54 AMA Non-Sports Total Canada
**Source: Numeris PPM Confirmed Data 8/31/15-9/13/15 Ind 2+ AMA Non-Sports Total Canada
***Source: Numeris PPM Confirmed Data, August 31, 2015, Ind 2+Total Canada
SOURCE Shaw Media
For further information: For media inquiries, please contact: Cathy Kurzbock, Publicity Manager, Shaw Media, 416-966-7507, email@example.com; Michelle McTeague, Publicity Manager, Shaw Media, 416-966-7724, firstname.lastname@example.org