THORNHILL, ON, March 17, 2016 /CNW/ - The fluctuating temperatures of this past winter may have taken a toll on your car, but regular care for your vehicle maintains its longevity and improves its performance. CAA South Central Ontario's (CAA SCO) annual spring maintenance checklist will help keep your vehicle running smoothly this season.
"A simple check of your tire pressure every month can improve your vehicle's handling and traction, as well as reduce your fuel consumption," said Ryan Peterson, Manager Automotive Services, CAA SCO.
CAA SCO's spring car care checklist:
- Give your vehicle a thorough cleaning to remove all the salt and sand accumulated over the winter months.
- Change your oil and top up your fluids to help keep your car running trouble free.
- Replace your wiper blades if they are worn or damaged.
- Check all your lights to ensure they are in good working condition.
- Replace hoses and belts that have become cracked or frayed.
- Switch back to your all-season tires when the temperature reaches 7°C consistently and rotate your tires to prevent uneven wear.
- Inspect your vehicle's battery to make sure all the connections are clean and dry. If it is time for a new battery, CAA's Battery Service will test, replace and recycle your old battery from your home, workplace or even the side of the road.
For a thorough vehicle checkup, visit one of CAA's Approved Auto Repair Service facilities.
For over a hundred years, CAA has been helping Canadians stay mobile, safe and protected. CAA South Central Ontario is one of nine auto clubs across Canada providing roadside assistance, travel, insurance services and member savings for our 2 million members.
SOURCE CAA South Central Ontario
For further information: Silvana Aceto, Media and PR Consultant, CAA SCO, firstname.lastname@example.org, Office: (905) 771-3194, Cell: (416) 209-4930; or Jeff LeMoine, Communications Consultant, CAA SCO, email@example.com, Office: (905) 771-4709, Cell: (416) 254-0641.