- Company activates "We Care Rebuilding Program" to assist electrical contractors and homeowners in the area.
- Program will provide contractors in northern Alberta with the electrical products and support required to respond quickly during the rebuilding and repair process.
- Residents should call the Schneider Electric's Customer Care Centre if they have any questions about the safety of the electrical equipment in their home or business.
MISSISSAUGA, ON, June 29, 2016 /CNW/ - Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management and automation, is urging Fort McMurray homeowners and businesses to take every precaution with electrical equipment as they return to the area, and is providing tips — including an online resource page — to help homeowners, business owners and electrical contractors.
As residents return to their homes and businesses, Schneider Electric advises they take great care to ensure their electrical systems are safe. Even if your power has already been restored, have an electrical professional look for hidden damage from fire, smoke or water to avoid future hazards.
Schneider Electric recommends the following precautions be taken by all Fort McMurray citizens when they arrive home:
- If you do not have electricity upon your return, check your electrical panel for blown fuses or tripped switches.
- Before replacing fuses or turning switches to their 'on' position, unplug any unnecessary appliances to reduce the load in your home or business.
- If you see any signs of smoke, fire or water damage near electrical outlets immediately unplug all items in the area and contact your local electric utility.
- If you have any questions about the safety of the electrical equipment in your home or business, call Schneider Electric's Customer Care Centre at 1-800-565-6699.
- For more tips, resources and information, visit the Schneider Electric We Care Rebuilding Program page at http://www.schneider-electric.ca/wecare.
For electrical contractors in the area, Schneider Electric has activated the company's "We Care Rebuilding Program" in response to the emergency in Fort McMurray. The We Care Rebuilding Program will provide contractors in northern Alberta with the electrical products and support required to respond quickly during the rebuilding and repair process.
There are three components of the Schneider Electric We Care Rebuilding Program:
- Enhanced Stocking Program: Schneider Electric will ensure local electrical distributors are supplied with the products contractors require during the rebuild.
- First-in-line Priority: All orders for Fort McMurray will be given priority status and expedited to help the community rebuild as quickly as possible.
- Education: Schneider Electric is making available a comprehensive list of educational materials for the safe restoration of electrical power. This is for all electrical contractors, inspectors, insurance adjusters, consumers, agencies, etc. involved in the rebuilding process.
Electrical contractors are asked to contact their local electrical distributor or visit http://www.schneider-electric.ca/wecare if they would like to know more about the We Care Rebuilding Program and the support available to them.
To contact Schneider Electric with questions about the safety of the electricity in your home or business, call the Schneider Electric Customer Care Centre at 1-800-565-6699.
About Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~USD$30 billion in FY2015, our 160,000+ employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
SOURCE Schneider Electric
For further information: Media Contact: StrategicAmpersand (For Schneider Electric), Jennifer Rideout / Cindy Watson, Tel.: 416-961-5595 ext 438 / 433, Jennifer@stratamp.com / Cindy@stratamp.com