Forestry leaders see the industry stablising but threats loom
VANCOUVER, April 21, 2016 /CNW/ - The recent global CEO survey by PwC found that the forest, paper, and packaging industry is starting to stabilize but there are still concerns about economic instability and dwindling resources. To meet these challenges, CEO's are exploring innovations in technology to create products that are cost efficient, convenient and sustainable as well as new talent recruitment and retention strategies in order to solidify their competitive position in a constantly evolving market.
Transformation Through Innovation is a very timely theme for the 29th Annual PwC Global Forest, Paper & Packaging Industry Conference on Wednesday, May 4, 2016 in Vancouver, BC. The conference will focus on key findings from the 19th Annual PwC Global CEO Survey including global trends, market performance, the financial outlook for the industry, product innovation and strategies on how to leverage an evolving workforce.
Industry leaders will also be on hand to share their thoughts and discuss industry issues and trends. Speakers include:
- Michael Walton, Global Head of Manufacturing Industry, Google
- Paul Quinn, Analyst, RBC Capital Markets
- Brendan Lowney, Principal, Macroeconomics Forest Economic Advisors LLC
- Ken Peacock, Chief Economist and Vice President at the Business Council of BC
- Carlo Dal Monte, Director of Energy, Catalyst Paper Corporation
- Jack Saddler, Dean Emeritus, Faculty of Forestry, UBC
- Gurminder Minhas, MD Managing Director Performance BioFilaments Inc
- Dr. Alfred Lam, Vice President, Chrysalix
- Jan Marston, Vice President, Human Resources & Corporate, TimberWest Forest Corp.
- Nigel Banks, Senior Vice President, Corporate Services Norbord Inc.
- Janelle Aaker, People Potential Director at lululemon athletica
- Linda Ewing, Director, Packaging Design, Cartamundi USA
- Paul Leclair, Vice President & Chief Economist Numera Analytics
- Neal Haussel, Sales & Marketing Director, Iggesund Paperboard
- Joe Nemeth, President and CEO, Catalyst Paper
- James Gorman, VP Corporate and Government Relations, West Fraser Timber Co Ltd.
- Mike Harkies, Executive Vice President, Solid Wood, Tolko Industries Ltd.
- Denis Fraser, President, Goodfellow Inc.
Location: Fairmont Hotel Vancouver
900 W. Georgia Street
Vancouver, British Columbia
British Columbia Ballroom
The full conference agenda and speaker line up is available at: www.pwc.com/ca/forestconf
Accredited media are invited to attend the conference. To RSVP or request an interview, please contact:
Communications Manager, BC Region, PwC
1 604 806 7325
PwC's conference is part of the Global Forest Products Leadership Summit 2016, a five day series of conferences focused on global pulp, paper, wood products and fibre-based packaging industries. In addition to our conference, other confirmed events include International Pulp week (May 1-4) and the Annual Global Softwood Log & Lumber Conference (May 5-6). For more information, visit www.forestproductssummit.com
Follow PwC on Twitter at @PwC_Canada_LLP and on Linkedin at www.linkedin.com/company/pwc-canada
About PwC Canada
At PwC Canada, our purpose is to build trust in society and solve important problems. More than 6,500 partners and staff in offices across the country are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax, consulting and deals services. PwC Canada is a member of the PwC network of firms with more than 208,000 people in 157 countries. Find out more and tell us what matters to you by visiting us at www.pwc.com/ca.
© 2016 PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, an Ontario limited liability partnership. All rights reserved.
PwC refers to the Canadian member firm, and may sometimes refer to the PwC network. Each member firm is a separate legal entity. Please see www.pwc.com/structure for further details.
SOURCE PwC (PricewaterhouseCoopers)
For further information: Amy Day, T: +1 604 806 7325, Email: email@example.com; Pierre Campeau, T: +1 416 687 8643, Email: Pierre.Campeau@pwc.com