Ultra-durable tablet built exclusively for the classroom features Google Play for Education integration
MISSISSAUGA, ON, March 2, 2015 /CNW/ - Developed exclusively for use in the classroom, Samsung Canada today unveiled the reliable Galaxy Tab 4 Education. Designed to facilitate teacher-student engagement, the Tab 4 Education is compatible with Google Play for Education, Google's content store for K-12 schools which contains a variety of educational apps, videos and content.
"Through our expanding education product portfolio and ongoing Samsung Solve for Tomorrow 21st century educational commitment, we will continue to deliver innovative solutions for Canadian educators," said James Politeski, President, Enterprise Business Division and COO, Samsung Canada. "With Google Play for Education integration, the Galaxy Tab 4 Education offers Canadian educators a classroom-ready tablet solution they can easily manage."
With Google Play for Education (sold separately), educators can discover apps approved by teachers for teachers, as well as educational videos and a collection of classic books for their classrooms. Additionally, Samsung's S-Educate app is available as a free download on Google Play, providing over 7,500 educational videos on school subjects including math, science, arts and more.
The Samsung Tab 4 Education boasts a variety of innovative classroom-friendly features including:
- Google Play for Education integration: With Google Play for Education (sold separately), content is searchable by grade, subject and standard, and can be shared to student Galaxy Tab 4 Education devices instantly.
- Simple Device Management: An easy-to-use device management console provides teachers with a simple monitoring and sharing hub for multiple devices. Educators will have an efficient way to manage upwards of 20+ devices at a time, with minimal IT support required.
- Easy, Immediate Sharing: The Tab 4 Education is Near Field Communication (NFC) enabled, and allows teachers to share files in real-time with their students.
- Tough, durable design and protection: The 10.1" WGXA display of the Tab 4 Education features Corning® Gorilla® Glass and is enclosed in a rugged case designed for life in active, lively Canadian classrooms.
- Dual band Wi-Fi 802.11: enables students and teachers to connect to the Internet and collaborate effectively. The 3 MP rear-facing and 1.3 MP front-facing cameras encourage creative learning possibilities, and Bluetooth 4.0® technology allows the convenient use of wireless accessories. You can print your work directly from your Samsung or other wireless printer via the Samsung Mobile Print app.
The Galaxy Tab 4 Education retails for $399 MSRP and expands Samsung Canada's line up of education products, which includes additional tablets, interactive white boards, SMART printers and other accessories suitable for classroom use. For additional product information, visit Samsung.ca/education.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada inspires the world and shapes the future with transformative ideas and technologies, redefining the worlds of TVs, smartphones, wearable devices, tablets, cameras, digital appliances, printers, medical equipment, network systems and semiconductors. Samsung is a leader in the Internet of Things space through, among others, our Digital Health and Smart Home initiatives. In 2014, Samsung was ranked one of top 10 most influential brands in Canada, based on a study by Ipsos Reid. Committed to making a difference in communities across Canada, its Samsung Hope for Children corporate giving program supports children's education, sustainability and health-related issues. Globally, Samsung employs 307,000 people across 84 countries with annual sales of $196 billion.
To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
Follow Samsung Canada at facebook.com/SamsungCanada or on Twitter @SamsungCanada
SOURCE Samsung Electronics Canada
For further information: Paul Cartwright, North Strategic (for Samsung Canada), 647-969-7285, Paul.firstname.lastname@example.org