Record number of films from Ryerson alumni at this year's festival
TORONTO, Sept. 9, 2015 /CNW/ - Tomorrow evening, the lights go up and the red carpet gets rolled out for the 40th annual Toronto International Film Festival. Representing the best in international, Hollywood and Canadian film, TIFF is the place where many young filmmakers first debut their work, Ryerson University students and alumni among them.
TIFF 2015 will include seven films written, created and produced by over 20 Ryerson filmmakers, including director Bruce McDonald, who will return to TIFF with his indy horror film Hellions. The strong Ryerson representation at TIFF 2015 speaks volumes about Ryerson's world class film program.
"Graduates from The School of Image Arts are highly acclaimed within the film industry and the talent that we are featuring today is no exception," says Charles Falzon, Dean of the Faculty of Communication and Design at Ryerson University. "As the creative innovation hub at Ryerson, FCAD is proud to be celebrating the films that are being featured at this year's festival."
Films created by Ryerson filmmakers at this year's Toronto International Film Festival include:
- Hellions – Directed by Bruce McDonald (IMA '82)
- Closet Monster – Produced by Kevin Krikst (IMA '07), Written and Directed by Stephen Dunn (IMA '13)
- The Rainbow Kid – Written, Directed and Produced by Kire Paputts (IMA '07), Edited by Michael Pierro (IMA '07)
- Fire Song – Written and Directed by Adam Garnet Jones (IMA '07)
- How Heavy This Hammer – Written and Directed by Kazik Radwanski (IMA '09), Produced by Daniel Montgomery (IMA '08), Photography directed by Nikolay Michaylov (IMA '14), Edited by Ajla Odobašic (IMA '08)
- Sleeping Giant – Written and Directed by Andrew Cividino (IMA '06), produced by Karen Harnisch (IMA' 09) and Mark Swenker (IMA '08), edited by James Vandewater (IMA '07), written and produced by Aaron Yeger (IMA '06), James Klopko, Director of Photography (IMA '07), Erika Lobko (IMA '12), Production Designer and Adam Parsons, Sound Recordist
- Boxing – Directed by Adam Shipley (IMA '14) and Grayson Moore (IMA '14), Edited by Daniel Haack (IMA '14), Production Designer Thea Hollatz (IMA '14)
Ryerson is proud to be a venue for TIFF 2015; a full listing of films showing on campus can be found here.
Ryerson University is Canada's leader in innovative, career-oriented education and a university clearly on the move. With a mission to serve societal need, and a long-standing commitment to engaging its community, Ryerson offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs. Distinctly urban, culturally diverse and inclusive, the university is home to more than 38,000 students, including 2,300 master's and PhD students, nearly 2,700 faculty and staff, and more than 155,000 alumni worldwide. Research at Ryerson is on a trajectory of success and growth: externally funded research has doubled in the past four years. The G. Raymond Chang School of Continuing Education is Canada's leading provider of university-based adult education. For more information, visit www.ryerson.ca
Follow us @RyersonU
If you require this in another format, please contact Ryerson University Public Affairs at 416-979-5000 x 7134.
SOURCE Ryerson University
For further information: MEDIA CONTACT: Johanna VanderMaas, Public Affairs, Ryerson University, Office: 416-979-5000 x 4630, email@example.com