'Rock the Mic' Competition at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver Sheds Light on Emerging Local Talent

COQUITLAM, BC, July 9, 2014 /CNW/ - The 'Rock the Mic' competition hit the Hard Rock Casino Vancouver stage last month enticing local bands and performers to show off their talents. The competition is a summer long battle of the bands where the winning crew will go home with a confirmed one-year contract to play at the Hard Rock Casino Vancouver. The Grand Prize equates to over $7,000 in bookings, cash, equipment and much more.

"So far we have seen some amazing performances and emerging talents that have the potential to be tomorrow's rock stars. At Hard Rock Casino Vancouver, we deeply value and support our local musicians as the talent pool in British Columbia is impressive," said Raj Mutti, Executive Director, Hard Rock Casino Vancouver.  

Over 300 bands submitted their applications online, and the top 40 made it into the competition. Preliminaries take place in Asylum every Thursday night until August 21. Semi-Finals will take place on August 28 and September 4 while the Finals will be held on September 11. The 13 week competition will narrow down each week leaving five bands to compete in the final battle.

During Preliminaries and Semi-Finals, judges will carry 75 per cent of the vote while the other 25 per cent will be awarded via live audience member voting. "With this voting structure, we wanted to entice friends and family of the local bands to have a say and lend support to their favourite rock stars," added Mutti. During the finals, judges will carry 100 per cent of the vote.

For more information regarding the competition, visit hardrockcasinovancouver.com/rockthemic.

About Hard Rock Casino Vancouver:
Hard Rock Casino Vancouver is situated in the thriving City of Coquitlam, British Columbia in Metro Vancouver and is home to unparalleled entertainment, dining and gaming offerings. With an 80,000 square foot casino floor, Hard Rock Casino Vancouver offers more than 950 interactive slot machines and popular table games such as blackjack, roulette, baccarat, poker, pai gow, craps, VIP high limit salons and others. With multiple performance spaces including a state-of-the-art 1,100 seat theatre, Hard Rock Casino Vancouver boasts the best in music, comedy, performance arts as well as local artists making their mark in the entertainment world. To complement the gaming and entertainment experience, Hard Rock Casino Vancouver serves a variety of culinary options and is home to chefs that dish up unique and flavourful fare in a modern atmosphere. Whether looking to indulge in breakfast, small bites before a concert or enjoy the bar scene with a drink in hand, the Hard Rock Casino Vancouver has something for everyone. For the latest news and events, follow Hard Rock Casino Vancouver on Facebook facebook.com/HardRockCasinoVancouver and Twitter twitter.comHardRockCasinoV.

The Hard Rock Casino Vancouver is owned and operated by Great Canadian Gaming Corporation under license from HRHH IP, LLC ("HRHH"), an affiliate of Brookfield Property Partners. The Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Las Vegas is the flagship property owned by an affiliate of HRHH.

Image with caption: "'Rock the Mic' Competition at Hard Rock Casino Vancouver Sheds Light on Emerging Local Talent. (CNW Group/Hard Rock Casino Vancouver)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20140709_C2657_PHOTO_EN_4197.jpg

SOURCE: Hard Rock Casino Vancouver

For further information: MEDIA CONTACT: Sonja Mandic, Manager, Media and Responsible Gaming, Great Canadian Gaming Corporation, 604.303.1000, smandic@gcgaming.com

Organization Profile

Hard Rock Casino Vancouver

More on this organization


Custom Packages

Browse our custom packages or build your own to meet your unique communications needs.

Start today.

CNW Membership

Fill out a CNW membership form or contact us at 1 (877) 269-7890

Learn about CNW services

Request more information about CNW products and services or call us at 1 (877) 269-7890