September 7 – 9 equipment auction also features a charity auction with proceeds going to Fort McMurray fire relief
EDMONTON, Aug. 23, 2016 /CNW/ - Having already sold more than 25,000 items in Edmonton in the first half of 2016, Ritchie Bros.' flagship Canadian site will host its fourth auction of 2016 on September 7 – 9. More than 5,100 equipment items are already listed to be sold in the September auction, with more to be added before auction day.
Equipment highlights in the Edmonton auction already includes 70+ excavators, 50+ dozers, 40+ loaders, 120+ truck tractors, a large selection of oil and gas equipment and more. The three-day auction also features a charity auction portion, with all proceeds being donated to Fort McMurray fire relief—charity items include a luxury fishing trip for six to Stuart Island, B.C.; trip for four to the Las Vegas Barrett-Jackson auction in October; and a skybox for an upcoming Edmonton Oilers game.
"Whether you're looking for one item or an entire fleet, we will have everything you need," said Brian Glenn, Senior Vice President, Ritchie Bros. "We are also excited to be selling several items for charity in this auction. We held a successful charity golf tournament in August to raise funds for Fort McMurray, and this is a great extension to that event."
More than 600 owners will be selling equipment in the Edmonton September auction. Specific highlights include:
- Components for six drilling rigs
- Five Kenworth C500 T/A tri-drive w/ Weldco WHL45TC100 boom trucks
- A 2013 Option Industries Cossack 6x6 off-highway bed truck
- Two Foremost Commander C off-highway bed trucks (8x8 & 6x6 models)
- Three Kenworth C500 T/A T/A bed trucks
- A 2011 Caterpillar 14M VHP plus motor grader
- Three Caterpillar D7R XR series dozers
- Three Komatsu PC360LC-10 hydraulic excavators
- A Demag CC1400 250-ton crawler crane
- A 2004 Tadano ATF1000XL-2 100-ton all-terrain crane
- Two Link-Belt HTC8675 75-ton hydraulic truck cranes
Unique charity auction—all proceeds to Fort McMurray fire relief
In an effort to give back to the community that has given them so much, Dave Ritchie, Thompson Construction Group and Sureway Construction Group Ltd. have donated three items to be auctioned off in support of Fort McMurray fire relief. All three items will be sold unreserved—going to the highest bidders, regardless of price:
- Dave Ritchie has donated a three-day fishing trip for six to the exclusive Warm Springs Resort at Stuart Island, B.C. The package includes air transportation from Vancouver, B.C. to Stuart Island, luxury accommodations and chef-prepared meals.
- Thompson Construction has donated a trip for four to Las Vegas to attend the Barrett-Jackson auction this October. The travel package includes round-trip airfare from Edmonton, two king suites at Vdara Hotel & Spa and passes to the Barrett-Jackson collector car auction.
- Sureway Construction has donated skybox tickets for 10 to an upcoming Edmonton Oilers game at the new Rogers Place arena.
To learn more about the Edmonton auction, visit rbauction.com/Edmonton.
About Ritchie Bros.
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is the world's largest industrial auctioneer, and one of the world's largest sellers of used equipment for the construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, mining, forestry and other industries. Ritchie Bros.TM asset management and disposition solutions include live unreserved public auctions with on-site and online bidding; EquipmentOneTM, an online auction marketplace; Mascus, a global online equipment listing service; private negotiated sales through Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty; and a range of ancillary services, including financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. Ritchie Bros. has operations in 19 countries, including 44 auction sites worldwide. Learn more at rbauction.com, EquipmentOne.com, mascus.com, rbauction.com/privatetreaty and rbauction.com/financing.
Photos and video for embedding in media stories are available at rbauction.com/media.
SOURCE Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
For further information: Ian Malinski, Corporate Communications Lead, +1.778.331.5432, CorpComm@rbauction.com