– Canadian NBA champion Tristan Thompson, Oscar-winning actress and activist Emma Thompson, beloved sportscaster Brian Williams, and accomplished political journalist Evan Solomon join the in-studio conversation, in addition to JUNO Award-winning musician Serena Ryder, who also performs –
– YOUR MORNING team travels to Canadian cities of personal significance for "Your Town" features –
– Diamond-certified #1 superstar duo Florida Georgia Line christens the new series with live parking lot performance –
– YOUR MORNING theme song composed by Academy and Grammy Award nominee and acclaimed Canadian composer Stephan Moccio –
– Literary icon Margaret Atwood, country legend Dolly Parton, and superstar skateboarder Tony Hawk also set to appear during premiere week –
– To tweet this release: http://bmpr.ca/2aFcpTz –
TORONTO, Aug. 8, 2016 /CNW/ - With just two weeks to go until the premiere of Canada's new morning show, YOUR MORNING, CTV announced today highlights for its inaugural week, Aug. 22-26. Premiering Monday, Aug. 22 at 6 a.m. ET on CTV, CTV GO, and CTV News Channel, YOUR MORNING is set to begin a fresh, new conversation with Canadians. Renowned Canadians Tristan Thompson, Brian Williams, Serena Ryder, and Evan Solomon join the show in its first week to discuss everything from Rio 2016 and rock music, to winning an NBA title and politics. Ryder will also perform "Got Your Number" from her upcoming album Utopia. Oscar-winning actress and activist Emma Thompson also drops by the studio to recount her experiences aboard Greenpeace ships in the Arctic and in Clyde River, Nunavut.
CTV also confirmed today the debut YOUR MORNING broadcast on August 22 will feature a can't-miss live fan event headlined by hit superstar country duo Florida Georgia Line at Bell Media's downtown broadcast centre at 299 Queen St. West in Toronto. Details on how fans can be a part of YOUR MORNING's live Florida Georgia Line concert event will be announced tomorrow.
Additionally, hosts Ben Mulroney and Anne-Marie Mediwake, and anchors Melissa Grelo (Late Morning), Lindsey Deluce (News), and Kelsey McEwen (Meteorologist), are set to share some of their personal beginnings with a series of "Your Town" features, with each visiting a place in Canada that truly means the world to them.
"Everyone here at YOUR MORNING is busy building shows that we hope will capture the attention of people across the country," said Executive Producer, Michelle Crespi. "We feel so privileged to be invited into Canadians' homes so early in the morning, and we will make each visit worthwhile with distinct and diverse stories that will appeal to viewers."
Viewers will get to know more about the new YOUR MORNING team with the "Your Town" series which will air every day of Premiere Week. The team introduces viewers to the places and people that helped shape their lives. Anne-Marie Mediwake visits Brooks and Lethbridge, Alta., where she grew up (Aug. 22), Ben Mulroney remembers his formative years and most inspirational places in Ottawa (Aug. 23), Lindsey Deluce provides a tour of Halifax, where she got her start in television news (Aug. 24), Kelsey McEwen visits her favourite places in Calgary and Sylvan Lake, Alta. (Aug. 25), and Melissa Grelo provides an inside look at her family horse farm in Caledon, Ont. (Aug. 26).
As announced in June, YOUR MORNING will deliver original perspectives and unique insights into the headlines of the day, as well as weather, while showcasing lifestyle topics of interests to Canadians from coast-to-coast-to-coast. Ushered in by the debut of YOUR MORNING's theme song, composed by Academy and Grammy Award nominee Stephan Moccio, Premiere Week delivers in-studio discussions with:
- Canadian songstress and JUNO Award-winner Serena Ryder (Aug. 25), who discusses her upcoming album Utopia and performs "Got Your Number";
- Brampton, Ont.-native and Cleveland Cavaliers forward Tristan Thompson visits to talk about the Amari Thompson Fund, named after his younger brother Amari who lives with epilepsy (Aug. 25);
- Oscar-winning actress and activist Emma Thompson recounts her experiences aboard Greenpeace ships in the Arctic and in Clyde River, Nunavut, helping bring the world's attention to the urgent need for climate action and creative solutions that support Inuit Indigenous communities (Aug. 25);
- National Affairs Specialist, Bell Media Radio, and Host of CTV's QUESTION PERIOD Evan Solomon drops by for an examination of the cracks in the competing U.S. presidential campaigns (Aug. 22);
- and as the Olympic flame is handed off from Rio to Tokyo, the team takes an in-depth look at the future of the Olympic Games with TSN's celebrated sportscaster Brian Williams (Aug. 22).
Premiere week also features a sneak peek of our interview with literary icon Margaret Atwood; a trip to Nashville to visit country music legend Dolly Parton ahead of her first Canadian tour in almost 25 years; and some time on the ramps with pro skateboarder Tony Hawk, as he champions the inclusion of skateboarding at Tokyo 2020.
YOUR MORNING will air weekday mornings from 6-9 a.m. on CTV (Ontario, Québec, and Eastern Canada) and CTV GO as part of CTV's leading original daytime lineup., and nationally on CTV News Channel.
SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS:
@BenMulroney – Ben Mulroney
@AnneMarieYYZ – Anne-Marie Mediwake
@MelissaGrelo – Melissa Grelo
@LindseyDeluce – Lindsey Deluce
@KelseyMcEwen – Kelsey McEwen
CTV is Canada's #1 private broadcaster. Featuring a wide range of quality news, sports, information, and entertainment programming, CTV has been Canada's most-watched television network for the past 15 years in a row. CTV is a division of Bell Media, Canada's premier multimedia company with leading assets in television, radio, digital, and Out-of-Home. Bell Media is owned by BCE Inc. (TSX, NYSE: BCE), Canada's largest communications company. More information about CTV can be found on the network's website at CTV.ca.
– CTV –
For further information: Tonia Addison, CTV Networks, 416.384.2194 or email@example.com; Jim Quan, CTV Networks, 416.384.5311 or firstname.lastname@example.org