DUBLIN, Nov. 9, 2015 /CNW/ - A new system which allows for a goat to be milked every 2.5 seconds has been honoured at this year's Engineering Excellence Awards.
Dairymaster is one of the world's leading dairy equipment manufacturers and has customers in over 40 countries worldwide.
Speaking today Dairymaster CEO Dr Edmond Harty said, "We are delighted that the Swiftflo rotary which is a revolutionary way of milking goats has been honoured in this way. It uses a new design in rotary milking with a robotic carriage where one operator can milk up to 1,300 goats per hour with a milking unit attached every 2.5 seconds. No other goat milking equipment can milk that fast and in such numbers. Efficient equipment is essential with goat farming, since the productivity of the goat is limited and it is necessary to milk a large number of goats in order to maximise efficiency. Dairymaster has applied expertise and innovative technologies to design one of the world's most automated goat rotaries, saving the farmer time, money and hassle."
Dr Edmond Harty added, "Dairy goat farming is a growth area with an increasing demand for goat's milk for cheese, yoghurt, ice-cream and liquid milk consumption. A successful goat farmer needs the best milking system to maximise profit and increase efficiency and that's what you get with the Swiftflo goat rotary & because of its revolutionary design we are seeing interest from all around the globe."
Benefits of the Swiftflo Goat Rotary
- Extremely labour efficient at milking larger goat herds.
- Designed to give optimum operator and goat comfort.
- Designed with shorter milking tubes which reduces maintenance costs and improves milking characteristics.
- The cluster is conveniently located directly under the goat's teats in a robotic carriage in the platform of the rotary. Optimum udder presentation speeds up cluster attachment enabling the operator to milk with ease, speed and a minimum of stress.
- When the goat has finished milking the teat cups are removed automatically. The cluster can then be automatically sanitised to reduce the risk of cross contamination and is then stored hygienically underneath the rotary platform. There is also the option of automatic teat spraying.
See short video (2.28 minutes on the Award Winning Goat Rotary)
Dairymaster is a world leader in dairy equipment manufacturing. It operates from its head office in Causeway, Co. Kerry and it also has operations in the UK and USA. Dairymaster has customers in over 40 countries worldwide and its products operate effectively on farms with numbers ranging from 40 cows to 10,000 cows.
Dairymaster has reached this position in the market because they offer their customers significant performance advantages due to their emphasis on research and development. They have a wide innovative product range including milking equipment, manure scrapers, automatic feeder systems, milk cooling tanks, health and fertility monitoring plus much more. The continued growth of the Dairymaster brand worldwide and the increased demand for Dairymaster equipment is due to its popularity with farmers all over the world, who value the high performance capabilities of the equipment and its innovative features.
For further information: Lisa Herlihy: firstname.lastname@example.org, +35387-9529291; Mary Mulvihill: email@example.com, +35387-9328832