STOCKHOLM, Nov. 10, 2016 /CNW/ -- Today, virtual reality (VR) games studio Resolution Games launched its highly anticipated carnival-themed game, Wonderglade, on Daydream, Google's high quality mobile VR offering. Wonderglade, one of the first games available on Daydream, teleports users to a mystical and magical theme park to play new takes on traditional carnival games for short bursts or hours on end.
"We had a lot of fun making Wonderglade. Everyone has had some kind of experience with carnivals as a kid and VR lets us enhance this with a new, fantasy twist," said Tommy Palm, Resolution Games' CEO and co-founder. "We've made Wonderglade the perfect show-and-tell game for VR allowing people to pass the game back and forth and experience all the Daydream motion controller has to offer – making it the perfect introduction to those wanting to play games on Daydream or even VR for the first time."
Wonderglade magically teleports users to an ever-growing theme park where they can enjoy carnival-themed classic games and totally new experiences with friends and family like never before. The game taps into the Daydream motion controller to add some hilariously entertaining moments for players and those witnessing as they putt, tilt, spray, spin and laugh their way through all the levels. Once inside Wonderglade, users can play four mini-games and earn tickets to redeem at the Wonder Wheel.
- Tinder Town – Players put themselves in the shoes of a fireman aiming and spraying water to put out waves of cardboard fires in a 180-degree city environment. The more waves a player completes the longer they will stay in the game and the more tickets they will earn.
- Magic Mayhem – Smash as many flying ice crystals as possible with a magic wand. The more time adding clocks found in the ice crystals smashed, the longer the player stays in the game and the higher their score and tickets collected.
- Tip N Tilt Racing – Race against the clock with ball-shaped animals on a tilt-board maze. The game features three levels and six animals to race with. The faster the player completes the race the faster the tickets come tumbling in!
- Tiny Tee Golf – Play nine mini-golf holes divided into three courses. Avoid moving obstacles and use cannons to shoot the ball to the next area. Each hole has a par rating, the better one plays the higher their score and more tickets they can cash in.
- Wonder Wheel – Once players have earned enough tickets they can spin the Wonder Wheel. By spinning the wheel, users unlock new items to use in the mini-games such as a new golf club, race animal or fire hose.
The game is free and available now on Daydream. To learn more, visit https://www.facebook.com/wondergladegame.
About Resolution Games:
Resolution Games is the first virtual reality (VR) games studio focused on creating accessible, fun games that everyone can enjoy – pushing the limits of the emerging VR games space. Their mobile VR fishing game, Bait!, is known as one of the most popular VR titles to date with nearly a million downloads and counting. The studio is composed of highly respected game industry veterans, serial entrepreneurs and thought leaders with a proven track record of widely acclaimed success spanning across mass market and AAA games, free-to-play games, hardware and more. Resolution Games is privately held and based in Stockholm, Sweden.
Follow the company at www.resolutiongames.com and on Twitter and Facebook.
SOURCE Resolution Games