VAUGHAN, ON, April 21, 2016 /CNW/ - The request for proposals stage has closed for shortlisted teams to submit bids to design, build, finance and maintain the new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital.
Following a fair, open and transparent request for qualifications process, three shortlisted teams were invited to respond to a request for proposals in June 2015. Two teams—Plenary Health and Hospital Infrastructure Partners—have submitted bids.
- Developer: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd.
- Design: Stantec Architecture Ltd., RTKL
- Construction: PCL Constructors
- Facilities management: Johnson Controls Canada LP
- Financial Advisor: Plenary Group (Canada) Ltd., RBC Capital Markets
Hospital Infrastructure Partners
- Developer: Fengate Capital Management Ltd., EllisDon Capital Inc., Carillion Canada Inc.
- Design: Adamson Architects, Parkin Architects
- Construction: EllisDon Capital Inc., Carillion Canada Inc.
- Facilities management: Carillion Canada Inc., EllisDon Capital Inc.
- Financial Advisor: CIBC Capital Markets, Fengate Capital Management Ltd.
The other shortlisted team, Mackenzie Vaughan Health Partnership, withdrew from the RFP process.
The project is on track for on-time delivery with construction expected to begin later this year. Over the next several months, IO and Mackenzie Health will evaluate the proposals. The preferred proponent is expected to be announced in summer 2016 with financial close and construction following in the fall.
The new Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital will include:
- a state-of-the-art emergency department
- modern surgical services and operating rooms
- advanced diagnostic imaging
- specialized ambulatory clinics and intensive care beds
- approximately 90 per cent single occupancy acute-care patient rooms for infection prevention and control
- "smart" technology systems for personalized care and enhanced patient care experience
This project is being delivered using IO's Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) model, an innovative way of financing and procuring large, complex public infrastructure projects. IO and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with Mackenzie Health to build the new facility, which will be publicly owned, controlled and accountable.
- Ontario is making the largest investment in public infrastructure in the province's history -- about $160 billion over 12 years for projects such as roads, bridges, transit systems, schools and hospitals. This investment is supporting 110,000 jobs every year across the province. In 2015, the government announced support for more than 325 projects that will keep people and goods moving, connect communities and improve quality of life.
- The Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital project is one of 24 health-care projects currently being managed by IO.
- 34 hospital projects have been completed using the AFP model as of September 30, 2015.
- IO's 2015 Track Record Report showed that 98 per cent projects have been completed on budget.
- Mackenzie Health is a regional health care provider that includes Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and the future Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital as well as a network of community-based services in Southwest York Region and beyond.
- With over 500,000 residents in Southwest York Region, Mackenzie Health serves one of the fastest growing and most diverse communities in Canada.
Disponible en français
SOURCE Infrastructure Ontario
For further information: Cary Mignault, Infrastructure Ontario, 416-325-2888; Suset Silva, Mackenzie Health, 905-883-1212 ext.7498