MONTRÉAL, Oct. 12, 2016 /CNW Telbec/ - The singer-songwriter, Jessica Vigneault and spokesperson for the Walk, invites the media to join her for the 8th Annual MONTRÉAL WALKS for mental health, an event that aims to increase public awareness about mental health, and the stigma attached to it. Many organizations and individuals will walk moving mental illness out of the shadows and on the road to recovery.
What: 8th Annual MONTRÉAL Walk for Mental Health
Where: Phillips Square (Sainte-Catherine/Union)
When: Sunday October 16, 2016
Experts available: 10 a.m. – Walk Begins 11 a.m.
The MONTRÉAL Walk for mental health Foundation recognizes the invaluable contribution of their major sponsors: Bell Let's Talk, Eska Water, Guzzo Theatres, and Lundbeck.
On the day of the walk, several clinical experts will be available on site to answer questions from the media:
- Camillo Zacchia, Ph.D. (anxiety, depression and interpersonal problems)
- Howard Steiger, Ph.D. – (Eating disorders)
- Rob Whitley, Ph.D (management of mental illness, barriers to recovery)
- Jean-Rémy Provost, B.A. (bipolar disorder, depression, anxiety disorders)
- Mimi Israël, F.R.C.P.C., (eating disorders, affective disorders, crisis intervention)
- Alice Charas (mental health community organizations)
SOURCE Montréal Marche pour la santé mentale
Image with caption: "In the center of the picture appears spokeperson, Jessica Vigneault, along with other proud walkers, including Jasmin Roy, when walking 2015, on de Maisonneuve boulevard in Montreal. More than 1,500 people were there! (CNW Group/Montréal Marche pour la santé mentale)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20161016_C5499_PHOTO_EN_794070.jpg
For further information: Orly Ashair, 514.233.0157, firstname.lastname@example.org