OTTAWA, May 4, 2017 /CNW/ - As Canada celebrates the 150th anniversary of confederation, The Conference Board of Canada is convening stakeholders from across the country to discuss innovative solutions to strengthen Canada's immigration system. Notable speakers include Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, Ontario, Quebec, and New Brunswick's immigration ministers, and Naheed Nenshi, Mayor of Calgary
The Canadian Immigration Summit 2017 will evaluate how Canada can take advantage its global competitive standing to welcome more talented newcomers to the country, as well as explore ways to maintain public support for immigration in Canada, given growing anti-immigrant sentiments abroad.
When: May 9-10, 2017
Where: Shaw Centre, 55 Colonel By Drive, Ottawa, Ontario
- The Hon. Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
- The Hon. Laura Albanese, Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, Ontario
- The Hon. Kathleen Weil, Minister of Immigration, Diversity, and Inclusiveness, Quebec
- The Hon. Donald Arseneault, Minister of Post-Secondary Education, Training, and Labour, New Brunswick
- His Worship Naheed Nenshi, Mayor of Calgary
- Craig Alexander, Senior Vice-President and Chief Economist, The Conference Board of Canada
For the full schedule and times visit: http://www.conferenceboard.ca/conf/immigration/default.aspx
Follow us on Twitter: @ImmigrationCBoC | @CBoC_Events | #Immigration150
Media Accreditation is required.
This conference is sponsored by TD, RBC, World Education Services Canada, CanadaVisa.com, AURAY Capital, Fragomen Worldwide, British Council IELTS, Prepare for Canada, Kadri Law, Newcomers Canada, the Mining Diversity Network, and the Sobey School of Business.
SOURCE Conference Board of Canada
For further information: Natasha Jamieson, Communications Coordinator, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 307, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; Juline Ranger, Director of Communications, The Conference Board of Canada, Tel.: 613- 526-3090 ext. 431, E-mail: email@example.com