MONTREAL, Sept. 29 /CNW Telbec/ - Representatives of the media are invited to attend a cocktail to celebrate Canadian Youth in Action: Meeting the Millennium Challenges on October 7th, in Ottawa.
The Honourable Beverly J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation, will be the keynote speaker at this event organized by Canada World Youth (CWY), a leading not-for-profit organization that offers youth aged 15 to 25 the possibility to participate in international volunteering programs.
The speakers will highlight the importance of youth engagement to meet the United Nations Millennium Development Goals. CWY Alumni will also demonstrate the impact of CWY on their lives.
Date: Wednesday, 7 October 2009
Time: 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Location: Delta Hotel, 361 Queen Street, Ottawa
- Hon. Beverly J. Oda, Minister of International Cooperation
- Dr. Sean Riley, Chairman, CWY
- Iris Almeida-Côté, CEO, CWY
- Samuel Millar, Director, Peace and Security, Afghanistan and Pakistan
Task Force, CIDA
- Christopher Berzins, Senior Advisor, Privy Council Office, Afghanistan
SOURCE Canada World Youth
For further information: For further information: Myriam Levert, Director, Communications, (514) 931-1614 ext. 308, email@example.com.