Conference call to be held for members of the media following the event
TORONTO, Sept. 14 /CNW/ - BMO Capital Markets, the investment and corporate banking arm of BMO Financial Group (TSX, NYSE: BMO), will hold its tenth annual Media & Telecom Conference on September 15th, in Toronto.
The conference will feature presentations from senior management from leading Media and Telecom companies and will provide an in-depth look at the sector's current challenges and future opportunities.
This one-day conference will be moderated by BMO Capital Markets' top-ranked* Equity Research Team, including Tim Casey (Media), Peter Rhamey (Telecom) and Jeffrey Logsdon (Entertainment / Gaming).
Presentations are expected to focus on the following key themes:
- How are Canadian media companies positioned to participate in an
- Which sub-sectors are best positioned going forward?
- As more people utilize online media, who are the winners and losers
- How does this cycle compare to previous cycles?
- What is the outlook for consolidation within the sector?
- How will domestic cable operators continue to grow their business
despite growing threats from telephone companies and online services?
- How will cable companies manage their networks given the growth in
bandwidth hungry HD channels and Internet usage?
- Where does wireless fit into the business mix?
TELECOM / WIRELESS INDUSTRY
- What are the opportunities in wireless as carriers begin offering
broadband data services on 3G networks?
- With new entrants launching services, what are the implications for
pricing and the existing carriers?
- To what extent will wireless begin substituting for wireline local
services as it has in the U.S.?
- With the legacy wireline telecom business declining, how can Internet
and video offset the decline and what are the implications for
- With the telecom market getting increasingly competitive, what are
the opportunities for consolidation?
* 2008 Brendan Wood International Survey
(xx) Company presenters include:
BCE Inc. Siim Vanaselja EVP & CFO
Bell Aliant Karen Sheriff President & CEO
Cineplex Galaxy Income
Fund Gord Nelson CFO
Cogeco Cable Inc. Louis Audet President & CEO
Inc. John Cassaday President & CEO
DAVE Wireless Dave Dobbin President
Services Inc. Pierre Blouin CEO
Public Mobile Alek Krstajic CEO
Public Mobile Bruce Kirby VP, Strategy & Business
Quebecor Inc. Jean-Francois Pruneau VP, Finance
Rogers Communications Rob Bruce President, Rogers
Thomson Reuters Devin Wenig CEO, Markets Division
Torstar Corporation David Holland Interim President & CEO
WIND Mobile Ken Campbell CEO
Yellow Pages Group Co. Marc Tellier President & CEO
(xx) the list is subject to change.
A complete conference agenda is also available by visiting the website.
Presentations will be broadcast live and archived at:
CONFERENCE CALL FOR MEDIA
Following the event, a conference call for members of the media only will be held at 4:30 p.m. (EDT) on Tuesday, September 15th. The call will be hosted by Tim Casey and Peter Rhamey. They will review highlights of the conference and take questions. Members of the media are asked to call the following numbers to access the conference call:
Participant dial-in number(s): 416-340-2217 / 866-696-5910
Participant pass code: 5847550
About BMO Capital Markets
BMO Capital Markets is a leading full-service North American financial services provider, with over 2,400 employees operating in 14 North American offices and 26 worldwide, offering corporate, institutional and government clients access to a complete range of investment and corporate banking products and services. BMO Capital Markets is a member of BMO Financial Group (TSX, NYSE: BMO), one of the largest diversified financial services providers in North America with US$385 billion total assets and 37,000 employees as at July 31, 2009.
SOURCE BMO BANK OF MONTREAL
For further information: For further information: Media Contacts: Kim Hanson, Toronto, email@example.com, (416) 867-3996; Ronald Monet, Montréal, firstname.lastname@example.org, (514) 877-1101; Laurie Grant, Vancouver, email@example.com, (604) 665-7596; Internet: www.bmocm.com