2010 Shriners Parade, Tuesday, July 6
Begins at 1:00 p.m.
TORONTO, July 5 /CNW/ - The Shriners Parade is coming to town!
10,000 Shriners and their fezzes have descended upon Toronto for the 2010 Imperial Session. The fun-loving philanthropic fraternity is hosting its renowned parade with men riding tiny cars and motorcycles, crazy costumes, marching bands, and of course, clowns a plenty!
Bring the family and count the fezzes!
WHEN Tuesday, July 6, 2010
Parade starts at 1:00 p.m.
WHERE - Staging area at Queens Park and Hoskins
- Parade travels along University Avenue, south of College
Street to Queen Street West, Toronto, Ontario
LINEUP Please note, order may change
- Police units from Toronto Police Services
- Town criers
- Pipe bands
- Official colour party
- Imperial officers of Shriners International
- Rameses Shriners, host temple of the 2010 Imperial
- Egypt Shriners from Tampa, Florida, home of the Imperial
- All Shrine Centres in order of charter date -- starting
with the Mecca Shrine from New York -- will make their
way down University Avenue. Expect to see tiny cars,
bands, floats and clowns.
- The man in red! Yes, Santa is coming to town!!!
SOURCE SHRINERS INTERNATIONAL
For further information: For further information: Katherine Griggs, firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-360-6522 ext. 237, 416-558-1934; Jessica Patriquin, Jessica@punchcanada.com, 416-360-6522 ext. 245, 416-995-8496