LONDON, March 8, 2017 /CNW/ -
QS name world's top universities for 46 subjects
QS Quacquarelli Symonds, global higher education analysts, have named the world's best universities for the study of 46 subjects. The 7th QS World University Rankings by Subject sees Harvard University ranked as the leading institution for 15 different disciplines. It is followed by its perennial rival, MIT, which is ranked number one for 12 subjects this year.
(Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140618/691283 )
The tables feature 1127 universities from 74 countries, providing the most comprehensive global overview of higher education performance at discipline level. Key findings include:
- The University of Oxford is number one for four different subjects;
- The UK and US cumulatively take a smaller share of overall places, while countries in Asia -namely China - and Eastern Europe see their share increase in 2017;
- Singapore leads Asia in terms of the number of top-20 places achieved;
- Four new subjects are featured this year: Anatomy & Physiology, Hospitality, Sports-related Subjects, and Theology;
- The below table provides a list of all subjects ranked, and the global leader in that subject:
(c) QS Quacquarelli Symonds 2004-2017 http://www.TopUniversities.com/
- 185 million citations;
- 43 million papers;
- 194,000 responses to their global Employer Survey;
- 305,000 responses to their global Academic Survey.
Bibliometric data is provided by Scopus/Elsevier. The full tables can be found here.
SOURCE QS Quacquarelli Symonds