KAMLOOPS, BC, June 1, 2015 /CNW/ - Q9 Networks is pleased to announce that Vancouver businesses can now connect directly to its Kamloops data centre via redundant, low-latency links at speeds ranging from 100 megabits per second (Mbps) to 100 gigabits per second (Gbps). With these dedicated links, organizations can host their mission-critical IT infrastructure or disaster recovery environments in Kamloops and benefit from Q9's industry-leading reliability and performance, just milliseconds away.
Q9's Kamloops data centre is a purpose-built facility with four megawatts of power and cooling capacity, expandable to six megawatts of critical customer load. It is designed to the same industry-leading standards and provides the same high-availability services as all other Q9 data centres, including:
- SLA-backed 100 per cent uptime guarantee on power and network availability
- Network neutral with diverse links to multiple Internet backbones and Q9 data centres located in Calgary; direct network connections to the world's largest content providers
- Minimum of N+1 redundancy on all critical systems
- Biometric access controls, digital video surveillance and 24/7 onsite security
- Co-location, private cloud and fully managed infrastructure solutions
In addition, Q9's Onsite Support Services reduces or eliminates the need for customers to visit the data centre to manage their computing environments. Instead, Q9's highly trained data centre technicians can provide fast and reliable support 24/7 for the complete lifecycle of co-located infrastructure, including:
- Installing hardware (receive, unpack, rack)
- Decommissioning hardware (un-rack, pack, shipping preparation)
- Replacing/upgrading server components
- Installing patch cables
- Initiating hardware power-up procedures
- Supervising third-party support personnel (e.g. vendor technicians) within a customer enclosure
"With new connectivity options, Q9 Kamloops offers an ideal location for Vancouver businesses that require a state-of-the-art data centre that is outside the Lower Mainland with outstanding network performance, as though it were next door," says Strahan McCarten, Senior Vice President, Q9 Networks. "Whether it's a production or disaster recovery environment, Q9's Kamloops data centre provides a world-class solution for CIOs who need reliability, security and performance."
About Q9 Networks:
Q9 Networks Inc. is Canada's leading provider of outsourced data centre infrastructure for organizations with mission-critical IT operations. Q9's national footprint of 14 high-availability data centres spans three provinces, including British Columbia, Alberta and Ontario and serves customers in both the public and private sectors. Q9 is owned by an investor group comprising Canada's largest communication company, BCE Inc., and some of the largest and most experienced North American pension and private equity funds, including: Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, Providence Equity Partners and Madison Dearborn Partners LLC.
SOURCE Q9 Networks Inc.
For further information: Kevin Spikes, Director of Marketing & Corporate Communications, Q9 Networks Inc., Toronto: 416-848-3311, Toll Free: 1-888-696-2266, media.relations@Q9.com