ALLISTON, ON, Dec. 16 /CNW/ - Associates at Honda of Canada Mfg. (HCM) in Alliston, Ontario, started mass production of the all-new 2010 Acura ZDX today. The ZDX is a "four-door sports coupe" with dramatic styling, outstanding performance and the latest in advanced technology.
"Today marks another exciting milestone for HCM - the launch of our sixth worldwide unique model, the ZDX," said Hiroshi Sasamoto, president of Honda of Canada Mfg., during a ceremony to commemorate the occasion at the plant with HCM Associates and executives from Honda Canada Inc.
"Being selected to build the ZDX for Acura is an honour for HCM. We are very proud of the skill, efforts, and dedication of our Associates that have allowed us to be entrusted with the production of this important new model."
The Canadian-made ZDX is available in two distinct trim levels: ZDX & ZDX with Technology Package. It is generously equipped with features such as a 300-horsepower 3.5-litre V6 engine and 6-speed automatic transmission, panoramic glass roof with moveable sunshades, hand-stitched leather interior, HandsFreeLink(TM) Bluetooth(R) connectivity, power tailgate, removable side panels in the cargo compartment to accommodate up to four golf bags, and a high powered audio system with CD player, AM/FM/XM radio and USB audio interface with iPod(R) integration.
FACTS ABOUT HONDA OF CANADA MFG. (HCM)
- Honda of Canada Mfg. (HCM) produces approximately 390,000 vehicles
annually and employs approximately 4,300 Associates.
- HCM produces Honda Civic Coupe and Sedan models, Acura CSX, Acura MDX
and the new Acura ZDX.
- HCM produced its 5-millionth vehicle in April 2009.
- Nearly half (48%) of Honda and Acura vehicles sold in Canada in 2008
were made at HCM.
- In 2007, HCM achieved its environmental goal of zero waste to
- Honda's investment exceeds $2.6 billion in its Canadian operations.
- HCM sources nearly $1.4 billion in goods yearly from Canadian
- HCM purchases parts from 268 North American suppliers; 56 suppliers
(21%) are from Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) in Ontario.
- HCM, through its stamping department, produces parts for use onsite
and at other Honda manufacturing facilities in North America.
- Honda increased its contribution to the Canadian economy with the
September 2008 opening of its third manufacturing facility, an engine
plant, in Alliston, with production capacity of 200,000 fuel-
efficient engines annually.
NOTE TO EDITORS: Additional photos from the commemoration ceremony are available from Lori Van Valkenburg at (705) 435-5561 (ext. 2108).
/NOTE TO PHOTO EDITORS: A photo accompanying this release is available at http://photos.newswire.ca. Images are free to accredited members of the media/
SOURCE Honda Canada Inc.
For further information: For further information: Lori Van Valkenburg, (705) 435-5561 (ext. 2108); Richard Jacobs, (416) 543-6593