OTTAWA, April 28 /CNW Telbec/ - Prime Minister Stephen Harper has confirmed that he will participate at this spring's premier business event, the G8/20 Business Summit. Mr. Harper joins a prestigious list of speakers featuring leaders of the largest business associations in the G8 and G20 on April 29 at Gatineau's Hilton Lac-Leamy.
"The decisions made at the G8 and G20 summits will have an impact on every Canadian," says Shauneen Bruder, Chair of the Canadian Chamber of Commerce, Canada's largest business lobby group. "The ability of our political leaders to make the right choices depends on the business community's input. Canadian government and Canadian business must be at the table effectively influencing the consensus view on how to move forward."
The speaker list includes:
- Helen Alexander, President, Confederation of British Industry (CBI)
- Hari Bhartia, President-Designate, Confederation of Indian Industries
- Thomas J. Donohue, President and CEO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce (USCC)
- José Augusto Coelho Fernandes, CNI Executive Director, Confederation
of National Industries of Brazil
- Rick George, President and CEO, Suncor Energy
- Byung-Chul Jung, Vice Chairman and CEO, The Federation of Korean
- Prof. Dr. Eng. Hans-Peter Keitel, President and Chairman, The
Federation of German Industries (BDI)
- Emma Marcegaglia, President, Confindustria, Italy
- Fujio Mitarai, Chairman, NIPPON KEIDANREN/Chairman and CEO, Canon Inc.
- Heather Ridout, Chief Executive, Australian Industry Group
- Bruce Ross, President, IBM Canada
- Jean-Louis Schilansky, Vice President, Mouvement des entreprises de
- Alexander N. Shokhin, President, Russian Union of Industrialists and
- Jürgen Thumann, President, BUSINESSEUROPE
- Jerry Vilakazi, CEO, Business Unity South Africa (BUSA)
- Fumiaki Watari, Vice Chairman, NIPPON KEIDANREN/Chairman, Nippon Oil
- Hiromasa Yonekura, Chairman of the Board of Councillors, NIPPON
KEIDANREN/Chairman, Sumitomo Chemical
- Yu Ping, Vice Chairman, China Council for the Promotion of
All event information is available at Chamber.ca.
SOURCE Canadian Chamber of Commerce
For further information: For further information: Kathryn Anderson, Director, Communications and Marketing, Cell: (613) 797-1860, email@example.com