BROCKVILLE, ON, May 18, 2017 /CNW/ - Five companies are invited to compete for the contract to build and finance the Brockville General Hospital Redevelopment Project.
An open, competitive request for qualifications process, overseen by Infrastructure Ontario (IO) and Brockville General Hospital, began June 2015. This process identified five teams with the construction and financial capacity to deliver a project of this size and scope. The prequalified teams invited to submit proposals for the project are:
- EllisDon Corporation
- M. Sullivan and Son, Ltd.
- PCL Constructors Canada, Inc.
- Pomerleau Inc.
- Walsh Canada
The project will consolidate programs and services currently offered at the Garden and Charles Street sites to the Charles Street Site. The project involves a combination of new construction and renovations, including a new four-storey tower that will accommodate:
- 29 mental health beds
- 32 complex continuing care and palliative care beds
- 32 inpatient rehabilitation and restorative care beds
- The changes result in a net increase of 22 beds
- support services such as food services and environmental services and facilities.
Once the RFP submissions are received, IO and Brockville General Hospital will evaluate the submissions and select the successful bidder. The winning bidder is expected to be announced in early 2018, with construction to follow shortly thereafter.
IO and the Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care are working with Brockville General Hospital to redevelop the facility, which will be publicly owned, controlled and accountable.
- This project is being delivered using Infrastructure Ontario's Alternative Financing and Procurement (AFP) model, an innovative way of financing and procuring large, complex public infrastructure projects.
- Projects that are delivered using IO's AFP model have a track record of being 96 per cent on budget and 73 per cent on time or within one month of the scheduled substantial completion date.
- According to Ontario's 2017 Long-Term Report on the Economy, every $1 spent on public infrastructure has been shown to increase GDP by $6 in the long term.
- Ontario is making the largest infrastructure investment in hospitals, schools, public transit, roads and bridges in the province's history. To learn more about what's happening in your community, go to Ontario.ca/BuildON.
Dr. Eric Hoskins, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care
"I am pleased to see that this exciting project is one step closer to providing the people of Brockville with the modern infrastructure and expanded services they need, right in their own community." – Dr. Eric Hoskins, Minister of Health and Long-Term Care.
Bob Chiarelli, Minister of Infrastructure
"This is an important step in the procurement process and signifies our government's commitment to improving quality of life for people in Brockville and the surrounding areas. Construction of the Brockville General Hospital will enable the delivery of high-quality health care in the community, while creating new jobs and growing the province's economy."
Ehren Cory, President and CEO, Infrastructure Ontario
"Infrastructure Ontario is proud to partner with the Brockville General Hospital to deliver this redevelopment project. Strengthening communities is at the heart of all our work to successfully deliver projects like this one."
Jeanette Despatie, Acting President and CEO, Brockville General Hospital
"We are so excited to be moving ahead with this redevelopment project. Amalgamating all services to one site will provide the quality care that the community of Leeds Grenville expects and deserves."
Brockville General Hospital
Building Ontario: Our Infrastructure Plan
Disponible en français
SOURCE Infrastructure Ontario
For further information: Media contacts: Michaela MacPherson, Infrastructure Ontario, 416-327-3722; Abby McIntyre, Brockville General Hospital, 613-345-5649 Ext. 1504