SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., March 7, 2017 /CNW/ -- Pragmatic Marketing, a leading authority on product management and marketing, has released the results of its 17th annual Product Management and Marketing Survey. The comprehensive survey explores the types of challenges product teams face around the globe and the compensation they earn for facing those challenges. It also provides a benchmark for the industry and helps professionals, analysts and executives keep a finger on the pulse of a rapidly evolving area of technology companies.
This year marked the survey's largest response rate yet: More than 3,500 people from 48 states and 56 countries responded, up from 2,500 respondents in 2016.
Among the key findings:
- Respondents reported more than 1,000 unique titles for the roles of product manager/product marketing manager.
- For every product manager within a company, on average there were 9.2 engineers/developers, 8.3 salespeople and .5 product marketing managers.
- Thirty-nine percent of respondents stated that launch dates were always or frequently missed.
- Thirty-four percent always or frequently delivered features that weren't used by customers.
- The survey showed that the average product team member earns $105,400 per year with an annual bonus of $14,800.
- Australian product managers and marketers had the highest average salary at $127,000.
The survey was conducted between Nov. 2 and Nov. 30, 2016. To check the pulse of today's product management and marketing professionals, download the full survey here.
About Pragmatic Marketing LLC
Pragmatic Marketing LLC was founded in 1993 and has become the authority on technology product management and marketing. The company has trained more than 100,000 product management and marketing professionals, with more than 45,000 becoming Pragmatic Marketing Certified. Pragmatic Marketing's team of thought leaders produce blogs, webinars, podcasts and publications that product professionals around the world turn to for industry insights. For more information, please visit www.PragmaticMarketing.com or call (480) 515-1411.
SOURCE Pragmatic Marketing LLC