OTTAWA, Oct. 29, 2015 /CNW/ - The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency (the Agency) invites the public to attend an information session on the federal environmental assessment of the proposed Port of Quebec Deep-Water Multipurpose Wharf Project – Beauport 2020.
The information session will take place on November 5, 2015 from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm at Hotel Ambassadeur Québec (Ambassadeur Room), located at 3401 Ste-Anne Boulevard, Quebec City.
Agency representatives will be on site to provide information and answer questions on:
- The federal environmental assessment process for the project
- Upcoming public participation opportunities
- The final Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) Guidelines for this project (an Agency document outlining the information the proponent must include in the Environmental Impact Statement)
A presentation will begin at 7 p.m. and be followed by a question and answer period.
- A public comment period on the Environmental Impact Statement (a document prepared by the proponent that identifies and evaluates the potential environmental effects of the project and the measures proposed to mitigate those effects) will be announced at a later date.
- More information on this project is available on the Canadian Environmental Assessment Registry website, reference number 80107.
- The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency administers the federal environmental assessment process, which identifies the environmental effects of proposed projects and measures to address those effects, in support of sustainable development.
SOURCE Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
For further information: Maja Graham, Communications Advisor, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, 613-960-1519, firstname.lastname@example.org; Follow us on Twitter: @CEAA_ACEE