KANANASKIS, AB, Sept. 11, 2015 /CNW/ - Pomeroy Lodging LP is Western Canada's leader in providing hospitality and lodging services in secondary and tertiary markets. Pomeroy Lodging intends to invest approximately $26M to execute a renovation and transform the property in stages over the next 24 months into a leading 4-star conference and destination resort within the region. The launch of the renovated resort is expected to be complete by the end of 2017. "We are confident the repositioned facility will drive tourism to the region and increase Alberta's competitive stock of large conference facilities, and we anxiously await a decision on the future of the Kananaskis Golf Course", said President Ryan Pomeroy.
The landmark Resort has a storied history; built in 1986 by Canadian Pacific hotels for the 1988 Olympics with Alpine events held at Nakiska Ski Area. Host hotel of the 28th G8 Summit in June 2002, the Resort has Extensive Facilities and Amenities, including 412 guestrooms, 36,000 square feet of conference and event space, six Food & Beverage outlets, a health club and spa, retail units, on site staff accommodation and underground parking. Local activities include Kananaskis Golf Course with two 18-hole championship courses, Nakiska ski area, Boundary Ranch, Canmore Nordic Centre, extensive hiking, mountain biking trail system, skating pond, hockey rink, baseball diamond, tennis and basketball.
Some highlights of our plan for the Delta Lodge at Kananaskis include:
- Investment of $26M to renovate and reposition the resort to a four-star level resulting in an increase of employment and economic impact for the region.
- An expected increase of the current employee base of 260 to over 300, resulting in new job opportunities following renovations.
- Renovated conference facilities, spa amenities and guestrooms that will attract new regional, domestic and international group and tourism business. Including 6 completely renovated, restyled and rebranded food and beverage locations.
- Enhanced and modernized family amenities (i.e. children's splash pad, indoor waterslides, improved children's centre and facilities) that will compliment the existing array of excellent facilities in Kananaskis and draw incremental leisure travellers to the region.
- Investment into improving and upgrading our on-site employee accommodation facilities.
- Leverage our experience in creating and supporting large scale tourism events, (i.e. Pomeroy Guitars and Wagons, Tour of Alberta, 55 North, etc.) which will allow us to work with other tourism operators to create, improve and increase visitation to Kananaskis Provincial Park and tourism events and operations in the area.
About Pomeroy Lodging
Pomeroy Lodging owns and operates over 18 hotel properties for a total 2,100 rooms across Alberta, and British Columbia. The company develops and manages their own brands Pomeroy Inn & Suites, Pomeroy Hotel, Stonebridge and recently launched Hotello by Pomeroy, opening in Vegerville, Alberta at month end; and also operates major franchise brands, such as Holiday Inn Express, Ramada, and Motel 6. To be Pomeroy Lodging means to be premium. To ensure we deliver greatness, we set extremely high standards and surround ourselves with an impassioned team that has the drive to deliver. We come to the table with our reputation in hand, ready to invest in and serve our community. Our investment goes well beyond the walls of our hotels and the land we build on.
SOURCE Pomeroy Lodging LP
Image with caption: "Pomeroy Lodging intends to invest approximately $26M to execute a renovation and transform the Delta Kananaskis property into a leading 4-star conference and destination resort within the region, resulting in an increase of employment and economic impact for the region. (CNW Group/Pomeroy Lodging LP)". Image available at: http://photos.newswire.ca/images/download/20150911_C6702_PHOTO_EN_494691.jpg
For further information: Press Contacts: Jackie Clayton, Vice President Public Relations & Partnerships, 780-814-3118, email@example.com